Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Venom Winches

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom Winches

Ok, as I promised I have comments on my 2K Venom winch.

Used it several times now....

What I like is it works great, pulled me out with ease as well as pulled me up some nice slopes. I will be using it with my plow this winter so I will be able to get a feel for it with regular usage.

What I don't like is that the cabling gets boggered up relativly easy. Now I don't know if this is the way winch cables bet anyway, as they don't seem that heavy on 2K and smaller winches.
Also, probably another generic winch item is the having to pay attention to respolling so you dont load it up on one side...kind of hard to winch straight out of something...ususally I just unspool and redo properly after rescue....

One thing that directly relates to the venom is pulling the release **** to free spin for use. It seems like a tough pull...maybe it will get better after several more uses.

otherwise, for its low cost, easy mounting and consistantly working...I give it an A-
Def. worth the gamble on the lower cost !!

Old 11-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Venom Winches

nice review, my buddy is wanting a winch at low cost.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Venom Winches

I already bought a generic winch but like the venom mount for a wolverine. you think I will be able to get my winch to mount to the venom mount

Old 11-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Venom Winches

tkae a look at it, you might...
from what I am judging and watching on EBay the venom winch mount is kind of universal...

my only hook up/mounting issue was where to put the electronics...I have it in my box under the seat, but its tight...take the time to soder the connections if you can too...

Old 11-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Venom Winches

im also looking for a small switch to mount on the handlebars. mine came with one of those big yellow handles with the two buttons on it

Old 11-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Venom Winches

yeah, the Venom came with a small mount switch for bars....I don't know if you can get that seperate...check with them..they have a web link for questions on web site/ebay ad.

if not, check you local automotive store...those guys usually have everything

Old 12-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Venom Winches

Well, Did my first plowing of the season, using the winch this year...winch performed excellant...

Only complaint it using that little push button switch with gloves on...had to push with my finger tips to lowe the plow...usable, but not the most comfortable...I probably just need a differant switch.

Plow up and down pretty qucik though, so I am not missing my hand control at all....

Thanks for the low gear tips too...plowed all morning in low, since I wasn't doing an high speeds...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Old 12-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Venom Winches

Ok, may have a slight issue...not a performance one with the winch itself, but the universal mount. It may noit be so strong. I don't remeber banging into anything but the mount has a bend in it....

like I said doesnt effect anything, but still, not a strong part

as far as the winch itself...still chugging along... I would buy another in a heart beat!!

Old 05-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Venom Winches

Bought a venom winch on 1-31-06. On 5-13 my cable wouldn't rewind. Took into work today to see what was wrong and the teeth were rounded . It won't engage to pull. E-mail venom and they said it was out of warranty. According to the web site it has a 6 month warranty. So I will be buying either a warn or superwinch.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Venom Winches

that sucks...

mine still going strong after a winter of plowing and I just used the snot out of it in Canada in some nasty *** mud.....
pulled out my cuz' Bruin (2x's), a 500 Polaris and a buddies Warrior (the man is just a sick ticket)...

Quick Reply: Venom Winches