Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

750ibrtfrce help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 750ibrtfrce

well i totally submerged my brute froce 750i. help how do i fix?? help please sg777

Old 01-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default 750ibrtfrce help!!

what ever you do!! dont start it till you get it drained out. Start at the top and go down...air box, intake, cyliders (pull plugs) drian engine. We are asumming you got water in the engine of course. Do at least 2-3 oil changes after you get it all drained out, dont rev it just run it for a few minutes in between each change. you may need fresh plugs each time too if too wet inside...

Old 01-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

when u say dont start, i didnt but i did take out plugs and turn with manual pull just to get water out all this before i open oil plug. and i think i screwed up big time because water and oil came out from the side of the carb ports and directly into the carbs. any more help. by the way thanx for previous info....sg777

Old 01-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Range Rover

dddy777, I did the same thing to my brute a few weeks ago, had less than 15 hours on it. I tried to cross a pond that was a little deeper than I thought. This is what I did:

First I pulled the plugs and hit the starter to turn over the engine. Water and crap shot everywhere, about 4 feet out from the quad. Next thing that I did was drain the oil, it will look like chocolate milk at this point. Next I drained the fuel, in my case i just flipped the Brute up on its side and pulled the gas cap, when I did this the water that was trapped in the air intake also came out. I rolled the brute onto both sides and drained everything I could. Next i went to the store and bought the cheapest 10W-40 I could find, and the cheapest oil filter that I could find. I replaced the gas, and put new oil in and after a few cranks she fired up. It will run like crap for a while, and you will probably shoot some water out of your exhaust, but that will happen. Run for a few seconds, and then repeat the oil changes each time running a little longer until all of the milkyness is out of your engine. When you think that you have it all out, run it for a couple of hours and then change it again. Also, make sure that your airbox and air filter are clean. It made me sick when I did it, but now it runs like a beast again, no problems. You will find guys on here that will have done it 5 times or more and they just keep on ticking. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Good luck!

Old 01-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

dont forget to drain dront and rear diff's. as you probably got water in them as well. even if you didnt its a good practice to do as the the rear brake will funtion better and more importantly the front diff will last longer and the locker will work better as well. of course use the wetbrake specific oil for the rear and regular motor oil in the front. hope that helps and you get her running.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

i got it running, but it wont throttle? what should i do next?

Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

finally i got it going and it runsgreat thanx a million.............dddy777

Old 01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

Remember to change both of your diff oils, and make sure that you have run a good number of oil changes through it. If I recall I think that I ran like 5 through before I was happy. Good luck man, glad you got her breathing again!!