Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What makes a brute 750 faster than outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes a brute 750 faster than outlander?

I just bought my brute 750 and love it. I've been doing some reading and seems that the outlander 800 will smoke it. Is thers anything short of a big bore that will make this thing run considerably stronger. Also I'm just breaking this thing in but whats the top speed of a brute.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think the Bomb 800 smokes the BF 750, I think it just beats it by 1-2 quads lengths, in a long drag. The Dyna CDI module really improves the BF's performance...I'm not sure how much it costs. Also a jet kit might help..but I'm not to sure on that.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm well other than a bore kit I would deff put a cdi on it. K&N, pipe, jet, clutch kit, prob so much im not listing, but a bomb 800 is nasty, deff faster. I wouldnt worry about it, I had my brute going 70 down a paved road, thats fast enough for a ute quad.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah the BF 750 has incredible power so don't let the "big bore wars" get to your head, there'll be something out next year that'll be faster than the Bomb 800 just wait.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

http://atv.dnsalias.com

Go to the forums, then brute force, then the VDI post. Go to that last page, and look for the post that the author "Maine Brute Force" posted with some vids. The vids are of a Brute with a VDI, racing a Bomb. It may be just what you are looking for!!!

Old 01-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

Just like hollowcd mentioned about the VDI. Definately helps out alot. Pry the best mod I've done so far. But if you want more top end speed I'd get your clutch machined. That will help your top end alot.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Not all Outy 800's will beat all BF750's. I know of one that won't even wheelie. I don't know what the top speed of a Brute is. Dealer told me 88 mph for my outy 800. There is nothing they won't say to make a deal. I would say the top speed of an outy 800 is in the low 70's, will post mine when I can find a place to try it, after break-in completed. I know the max rpm is 8000, cause I saw it a few times this weekend in low gear.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

The two I seen race it was really no contest. The Bomber simply spanked it. The guy riding the BF was probably 75 pounds lighter than the guy on the Bomber too. Don't get me wrong though. The BF is scary fast. A wicked fast engine. The Bomber just seemed to have usable smooth power everywhere though. The machine just seemed to leap and jump around instead of just accelerate. I would have done anything to have got a little seat time on it but the guy had to load up and get to work. Heck I offered the guy cash money to come down to my place for the weekend so I could ride it a bit. I've had some seat time on the BF. I loved the BF power. I hated, simply hated the way it handled even with radials and new rims. Just from watching the two moving around with the two different guys riding each of them, the Bomber seemed to be something quite different from the BF. Like I said it seemed more sure footed and seemed to actually leap and jump around at will of the operator it has so much power on tap. I can't wait to get some seat time on one.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

CaptainQuint: The way I got some seat time when we ran across a guy riding by himself on snow packed trails, I was riding a BF750 loaner while my 2 Prairies were in getting the recall kits installed. This guy was riding a Max, which is a 2 seater, 94" long vs 86" for std Outy. We switched rides, and within 15 minutes trail time, my mind was made up to get one. Power, handling, ride comfort, trail stability, it was all there. I don't want to say too much more on my old Kawi forum, but as you can see below, I have an Outy now.

They are expensive though. Also, the rumors are flying that Bombardier is moving from Canada to Mexico with their production facility.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

What page is it on?

Quick Reply: What makes a brute 750 faster than outlander?