Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

lakota electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lakota electrical problem

i was riding around and it started to run like crap. it would idle but as soon as i hit the gas it would just cut out. then after a minute or so it shut off and wouldnt start. the neutral light wouldnt come on and the electric start wouldnt work. when i tried pull starting it the neutral light would come on but it wouldnt start. i checked the fuse and it was good, the battery is good, and i looked over all the wires for loose connections, and the spark seems ok. also when you touch the two wires together that are on the starter relay(the one by the battery) it will turn over but still wont start. what could be wrong

Old 02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lakota electrical problem

well if it cranks when you jump the relay you deffinatly have a short somewhere........start by replacing the fuse anyway, using a wire brush to clean all the connections on the relay and battery and check the ground right up by the top clamp for the steering stem and make sure its connected and clean........lakotas wont run when the battery is not connected and it sounds as if yours is acting like that......its is also possible the relay could have gone bad.....there also is a black and yellow wire running to the relay, check that to see if its clean and connected and not frayed.....also look at the three diffirent black covered wires comming out of the engine in between the transmission and stator cover......those are the gear indicator and charging system wires......if those are not connected or shorted out the bike wont run either.....it also wouldnt hurt to give your battery a good charge.........it might take some time to figure out the problem so just be paitent and look everything over well.......let us know whats up and if you get anywhere.......