Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

brute force Top Speed!!!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brute force Top Speed!!!?

I see so many threads like this and I find myself always thinking the same things...

-If you are worried about top speed then don't buy a ute quad.
-If you want a ute quad to ride them as they are supposed to be ridden, you will seldom have a need or ability to go > 50 mph.
-If you modify a big bore quad like a BF then you should be looking for low end torque not top end speed.

People worried about doing 80 on a big ute are probably emergency room patients waiting for a room.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Don't tell us how we should be riding on our bikes. If you don't have something constuctive to add to the thread don't post. We don't need your opinions or beliefs pushed off on us.

I ride with alot of sport bikes so I like to go play in the mud with the UTES then do 65mph down a dirt road with a KFX and a couple other bikes, and being on a utitility makes it that much sweater. The guys on the sport bikes trip at how fast they are.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer

If you don't have something constuctive to add to the thread don't post.
My post was constructive and responsible as well. Going 70+ MPH on a quad on pavement just to see if you can is neither constructive, responsible or bright. Read the manual, it's covered I'm sure. Jacking up a ute to run 15MPH over stock while doing nothing to compensate brake or suspension to match the ability is neither constructive, responsible or bright.

Top speed is just not an important consideration, that is fact. I hope you don't wrap yourself around a tree with your attitude, but you probably will.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see anywhere here where anybody was talking about making their quad go 80+. I'm thinking that if a bone stock BF750 is only hitting low 60's though, something might be wrong.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually don't post on things like this but for some reason I just can't help myself on this one. Now first of all everyone needs to realize that just because someone uses their quad for something different than you do dosen't make them wrong. I see many threads like this one too and agree someone rarely needs to or can actually use the top speed of their quads. But on the other hand I have a 700 prairie that I have put considerable money and time in just to make it as fast as it can be. And I use it to drag race and ride trails. What I'm getting at is although you may not agree with what someone does with their quad it dosen't make it WRONG unless it's against the LAW. People's opinions are just that opinions and in this country thank god we can express them but also thank god we don't have to live by them.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my BF because I knew before hand it would do 70, I could go through a big deep mudhole unlike a sport and come out of it onto a dirt road and do 65 if I wanted. I also have guns, and if I listen to people like the guy who likes to lecture, those guns may tip toe out of my closet and shoot me and my Brute, all by them selves.
Its an opinion he has and thats it, however lets hope he can deal with what is dished back at him. If a do gooder wants to come here and post then by god more power to him. Give him hell with the can of worms he has opened.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

That gets to me when a person tells another person for example; "top speed does not matter on a ute." It may not matter for that person but for me it does. My bike is stock with a few exceptions that don't even effect the top speed. I could wrap around a tree doing 67mph and the next guy could flip over backwards going up a hill 2mph and tear his brain stem. (Look that up in a medical journal, it ain't good.) I bought my UTE wanting good top end and lots of power. I also wanted to know what bikes it is faster and slower than because I like to race.

Just a little useless info. Have you noticed when you look at the BFs and P700s on the Kawie site they are under the Sport Utility tab and i believe that name is very truthfull.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

I guess we should limit all diesel trucks to 40mph or so then because they are built for work not speed.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Range Rover

Don't even THINK about slapping any limits on my Cummins!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]