Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Flooded Brute Force

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flooded Brute Force

I was out riding yesterday and went down an embankment to see how deep the river was. I was suddenly met with about a 2 foot dropoff and the bike died. It started again for a second then died again. I got winched out and after that it wouldn't start. No water in oil or airbox. Had to be towed back to the house. I let the bike sit and finally got it to crank up after leaving it for 5 hours. Maybe I should have carried extra spark plugs but I didn't expect that. I was really mad and leaning towards a Bomb 800 at the time. Now I'm just a little mad and a little leaning towards it. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Old 02-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

have you sealed your coil wires this is a must on the 750 there not hard to find ,,have you installed a rubber shield in front of the air box real easy to do and is a must ,,

Old 02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

a bomb 800 would have done the same thing if you go into a 2' drop off in water. they are not submarines. i'm not trying to be rude but they all dont react to well when submerged. but if the oil is clean and the airbox is dry then it could be the coils. she may have just taken a gulp of water and it may have gone in the airbox and just ran down into the carbs, the box maybe dry but you can check by draining the float bowls on the carbs, pretty simple they are just little allen head screw near the bottom of the carbs. unscrew, wait for gas or the smell of gas then replace, choke, and fire it up. sitting for awhile may have cleared it up thats why she started later on. dont be discouraged with the brute, we have been beating the snot out of and sinking kawi v-twins for long time now and they just come back for more.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

start your bike and let it idle, then spray some carb cleaner on your carb boots and if it starts to idle up you have a torn carb boot. also, have you done your buss connectors? that could have caused it. you should also put silicone on your coils and a bunch of dielectric grease on your plugs. if you need any more help PM me and we'll walk you through the waterproofing.
Bob

Old 02-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

When you start hearing a knocking noise from the bottom of the engine, stop riding immediately and take it to a dealer for inspection. Submerging is the worst thing you can do to your ATV - not only mechanical breakdowns but corrosion in connectors and terminals for electrical components as well. Submerging can do some nasty things to ATVs.