Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Best sport 4wd quad bf750 or outty800 or prairie700

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best sport 4wd quad bf750 or outty800 or prairie700

Well the Outlander is no-doubt the most powerful stock 4x4 period. (I've not had the chance to ride one for myself but I take this to be the truth based on reviews and comments from owners) The prairie is obviously the weakest of the three. Just to keep things in perspective, my bone stock prairie with only 40 miles on the clock will wheelie from a dead stop with no body english to help it. I've ridden a sp700 and thought it was pretty salty to about 40. My prairie feels stronger across the board, especially in the mid-range. The question is really this: "How much do you want to spend?" If money is no object and you like IRS then the BRP is your bike. If you want a SRA go with the prairie. If you don't think it has enough power you can easily make more hp than you would want with the prairie engine.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my 2 cents but having the most power dosen't mean everything on the trails. If it did you would see 150hp banshees winning all the gncc events and that's just not going to happen. For a solid trail machine go with the 700 prairie. If it's not enough for you then get a dyna or vdi cdi and work your way up from there as your riding ability increases. With any of the bikes mentioned you'll need a good set of aftermarket tires if you plan on running/racing the trails hard. Ask any pro rider and they will tell you that all three bikes have more than enough power than the average guy can handle flying down tight trails. They will also tell you that they will always sacrifice power for handling. If your a skilled enough rider and you think the 700p dosen't have enough ***** for you then with the money you save over the other 2 bikes just start engine mods. Ask anyone the kawi v twins can be made in to monsters.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I think you know what kind of answers to expect on the Kawi forum don't you? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I love the Kawi twins myself & have one in the AC, but the Bomb really is as claimed. Out of the box nothing will touch it. That being said, I agree suspension is most important, all these machines have more speed than you can use on most trails.
And if you're talking high speed over rough trails, the Polaris has it figured out, suspension wise.
For my taste, I find the BRP suits me well. Tons of power, steers very light and quick, and you can steer the rear with your thumb on turns. It slides pretty good for IRS- mainly due to the excess power available.

DT

Old 03-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Madwolverine
Well the Outlander is no-doubt the most powerful stock 4x4 period. (I've not had the chance to ride one for myself but I take this to be the truth based on reviews and comments from owners) The prairie is obviously the weakest of the three. Just to keep things in perspective, my bone stock prairie with only 40 miles on the clock will wheelie from a dead stop with no body english to help it. I've ridden a sp700 and thought it was pretty salty to about 40. My prairie feels stronger across the board, especially in the mid-range. The question is really this: "How much do you want to spend?" If money is no object and you like IRS then the BRP is your bike. If you want a SRA go with the prairie. If you don't think it has enough power you can easily make more hp than you would want with the prairie engine.
Well said Madwolverine. I could not agree more. I would only like to add that for the money it takes to make a brute handel right you could have just boght the Outy and had still a better overall pkg. For that same money you could do the cams, cdi, and a Boondocker kit on a prairie and run right past the brute.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The P700, hands down.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

I personally have not rode the bomb. But I do have the prairee 650 and my uncle has the 700.
I also own the brute 750 . I theink the're two different rides. for power and clearance the brute for me hands down. drag races I still think the brute. it corners ok. I am not over weighing my bike with all kinds of krap when I ride fast trails. it does feel a little tippy on very technical terrain, but has yet to be rolled by me. the praire is a solid ride also but they both get hot due to low body on the exhaust. more stable but will bounce you around alittle more also. the kawi's have more reputation than bomb. build more and do more rech. - dev. My brute hit 72 outof the box with 25 hours on it and no mods at that time. mabye had more in it, but thats fast enough on a quad for me. personally if I wanted to go faster I would buy the CR-450f and ripppp . I like the kawis engine the most. all makers will produce better and worse bikes on the same prod. line. so out of pol and the kawis my choice would be the brute 750. I personally like my sstock suspension also. This type of atv is not ment to jump big jumps and moto cross on any ways.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I think is so funny is about 5 years ago everyone thought a 500cc motor had awesome power. Back when the kawie 650 prairie came out, everyone could not believe the amazing power it had and though that was the limit. Then the 700 prairie came out and over took the 650p for top dog. Now we have the pol800, BF750 and outy800 and people are saying that the 700prairie doesn't have enough power. We use to do everything with a 500cc quad with no problem and in reality, the 700prairie has more power than most of their owners need. So, the bottom line is, weather you get a 650, 700, 750, or 800, there is enough power that most of us will not use much of it.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

My first thought is the P700, but consider the BF650i. It has a smoother ride with the IRS than the P700 and 11" of ground clearance just like the Bomb. 800. The power will be more than the SP700 and a little less than the P700. With a CDI you will be right next to them. It handles better on the trails than the BF750 because its lower center of gravity and new front end. There is an article comparing the BF650i to the Honda 675 as trail quads on the HL forum right now. Although the BF did not win, they said alot of good stuff about it.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

yes v-twinnman, you are true with what you said . honestly i hardly use more than 1\3 of my bf's power, unless working and pulling roots and stufflike that. +I once seen a guy who was so power hungry he put a cbr inline 4cyl in a quad and nitro charged it ,, that was sick!
more than I would need but he likes adrenalin. i guess . size also comes into pllay with practicallity , my bf is almost too big for hunting. i might get a 500 later on this year for that
ride on .. and every one remember work happens on mondays so keep 'em rubberside down

Old 03-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

If wheelie is your main goal, and you have $9k available, just punch the Outy 800 (not 800XT) and you will die happy, cause your $9k bike will be all over you. I can wheelie my XT, but not like the standard Outy (XT package has more weight in the front).

My next favorite is the P700 with the VDI igniter and a good primary spring (much less $, even after the mods, can't beat it on the trail). It will be all over you also. BF's are good, I just prefer the P700 + cdi + primary spring upgrades.

What size and model is your dad's outy?

These Outys cost a lot of money, one of the threads show age of owners 30's and up.

Quick Reply: Best sport 4wd quad bf750 or outty800 or prairie700