Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My Brute review. The reasons for my trade.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Brute review. The reasons for my trade.

States...I gave you an honest rundown of my experiences so far. Give me some respect. I had the same problem with my fender flares. I was looking at it last night, why didn't they run the black part of the plastic all the way around...then it would not have been so apt to catch.?

Poindexter...how do you like the Mudlites on your BF? What rims did you mount them to?

The ergonomics, in my opinion, are better on the BF than on the Sportsman.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

I like them. They are heavy and they shake at 30 mph but other than that...

They are mounted on ITP C7's

Old 03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

I am sorry to once again disagree with you. Ergonomics is a pseudo science like psychology. Everyone has a different body and biochemistry to match. You will find some people like the Griz some don't. The soft seats can actually be more uncomfortable and less ergonomically designed depending on length of ride, body weight and specifically body weight density to specific pressure points. Having undergone a couple of knee surgeries I like a higher seat height. After many seasons of baseball I have arthritis in a shoulder that the high handle bars on the Griz trends to aggravate. I have never noticed a difference in the turning radius. Most likely because I gas it, the rear breaks loose and my turning radius is like that of a mini quad.
I have always found the suspension of the Brute to be way stiffer than that of the Griz. Many people complain about the relative "harshness" of the ride. I am not sure how you are determining softness of the Brutes suspension. The Griz has a very soft compliant suspension. You must have your preloads cranked all the way to the top if you think the suspension on a Griz is stiff. The only quad I have ever ridden with a softer suspension then a Griz is a Polaris Sportsman.
There are many issues about the BF750 that are ture:
It has an amazing power to weight ratio.
I don't have to stop to go from 4wd to 4wd difflock.
The steering in 4wd diff lock is lighter then a griz with diff lock engaged.
Larger fuel tank.
Easier acess to air filter
I don't have to remove 20 screws and 2 covers to change my oil filter which then drips all over the engine.
I don't need to replace my front axles with gorilla axles if I go muddding.
4 headlights

Old 03-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Curls...You played ball?? What level and where. I coach high school varsity ball in Northwest Indiana.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

sorry off topic here, but zackattack, i played college ball DIII, made a couple of NCAA tournaments. played a couple of years in a couple of independent leagues but a torn labrum ended that. coached at local community college for awhile. now i just beat myself up riding the crappy brute force. NOT, the Brute Force 750 ROCKS. KAWASAKI! let the good times roll!!

Old 03-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Range Rover

the brute rocks..this after 2500miles i love it no problems i think the ride is great once you set your shocks to your typ of rideing .and dynatec cdi and new tires ect .man this is an awesome atv .just learn about it .and a soft ride is not allways better i have 2 friends hurt from the softer rideing atvs tipping over on them..

Old 05-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently went to the local motorsports dealer to check out the grizzly and the brute force, (just to look) I ended up buying an 06 brute force 650i, although I could have went either way because I liked them both, after my first ride I was very impressed with the power and its ride, but turning was terrible, I felt the tires folding, I just put on 26 inch mudbugs on itp type 7 wheels, havent had a chance to really go for a ride yet but rolling it around the driveway and in front of the house it was bumpy, hopefully this will clear up with speed, more mods will be coming soon, cant wait to go for another ride.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: States40
Originally posted by: bfb750BF
States40:
You seem to take allot for granted when it comes to the "MAGS" test and their conclusions. Why?
You best reread them on the Grizz 660 as they all state that the Grizz is "Outdated" and needs to be refined to complete with the latest Flagships, including the BF750i.
Even ATV TV states the Grizz 660 is lacking and proved in one show how a complete set of WORKS Shocks along with the ITP Wheel/Radial tires really improves the Grizz, in handling and tippyness.
Now you state that after installing a set of New Springs to the front of your Brute that it made it harder and worse to steer. When did you install these Springs? What springs? Now a set of the Highlifter springs is just a Band-aid fix, if you really want to improve the Brute, then go with the complete set of the ELKAs or a complete set of the WORKS.
And did you ever install the Springs? You have another "Post" that ask BF750 owners about the Highlifter Springs and are they worth it for improvement on the Brute. In your next reply you state "Forget it, I just traded in my Brute for the Grizz". I read that as You Did NOT ever install any aftermarket Spring to the front of your Brute.. and why only the front.
Yes, the BF750i is not the "perfect 4wheeler ever made", does a perfect 4wheeler 4x4 even exist, no way.
If you had done your homework in the 1st place then you would of known up front of the negitives with the BF750i, I mean Good Grief, didn't you read those Magazine test??

Right out of the shipping crate I took my Brand New Stock BF750i up into the High Rocky Mountains outside of Silverton,CO. Odd, I didn't have any problems what so ever with locking up my tires on those BIG hill declinds but I was in 4x4Low, allow the engine braking to do the work for me instead of over braking with the brakes b/c some ride down these steep hills in either 2wdH or 4x4High.
Over the years I have noticed many atv'ers not using the proper gear range for either climbing and worse for going down steep hills or Steep Mountain sides.

Kawasaki was so impressed with the ATV TV test on the WORKS Grizz 660 project they ask if they could do the same test but with the BF750i, they did and the end result was the same excellent results as were noted on the Grizz. Being able to see this WORKS Upgrade vs the Stock set-up Sold me on the WORKS for my BF750i, as the TV video showed the difference between stock and the WORKS Suspension. Handling/power/powersliding/overall comfort is now the standard on my refit BF750i WORKS Suspension/ITP Wheels/Radial Tires.
Now I know of two other BF750i owners that have not done the Shock Upgrade but did switch over to the ITP Wheels/Radial Holeshots and for their riding style, they are completely 100% pleased with their BF750s.
Seat firmest has always been a issue with Kawasaki but that is a very easy fix.
I updated my Tie-rods/ends long before I ever had any problems with the Stock units. Why? B/C I read on these Forums of a upcoming problem that I was going to have If I Didn't do something about it. That Is Why I Am A Member Of These Forums, for information on the 4wheeler that I ride and how I can make it even better over stock.
I ride with a bunch of slow-pokes who very seldom ever push their 4wheelers but that is not me, I'm always out front tearing down the trails and pushing my BF to its limits and yes it does have its limits as any 4wheeler does.
I don't have a problem with you venting your "Opinion" but all you did is replace one set of negitives with another set with the Grizz, you best pull out your wallet and invest in a decent set of Shocks, if you really want see how that '06 Grizzy 660 can really perform. IMO...

1st thing I need to let you know is I was not venting, just stating facts and pointing out why I have traded my Brute for a Griz. To answer your question to me if I had read some of the reviews in mags, I did like I stated in " Big bore shootouts WHATS UP!! thread. Go back and read it bfb750BF.

Here is an example of the kind of facts I stated before.

1) The Brutes seat. Is it not higher, wider and harder that the Griz. Yes it is. Thats fact. Cant argue about that!

2) Is the Brute harder to steer than the Griz in or out of 4 Wheel drive including while the D lock is engaged. Yes, Thats fact unless you added power steering to your Brute.

3)Does the Brutes stock suspension handle the rear to front weight transfer better than the Griz, no it does not.

4) Lets compare the turning radius of the Brute to the Griz. There is no comparison in a flat turn the Griz will win every time. Plus with some speed the Brute wants to lean out of the turn, compared with the Griz at the same speed there is some lean to it however it does not feel like it will tip.

5)Down hill rocky grades, tell me the Brute handles well here (this is from personal experience, just an opinion).

6)The Brutes Breaking system was well thought out, however from personal experience the Griz stops better.

From what I have read from some of the mags big bore shootouts, over all reviews, the old man of the group still faired better than the Brute. If I remember right the Brute was last in over all comparison in most of the big bore shoot outs.
Like I said, I posted a string about this from what then I thought was unfair reweiw on the Brute, however since Ive been eating crow.

Also was pointed out in my review on the good points to the Brute, seemed only fair. ATV's are supposed to be just that, ATV's. Which in turn under the seat with all that power the Brute has to offer there is an under classed suspension compared with most of the other big bores. That was my point and the reason for my trade. Most from what I have read in responce to my review has been knee jerk reactions by mostly Brute owners. Some of you have been kind in your responce and its those kind of responces I will reply to only from now on.

Ive been very happy with the trade and look forward to riding every day after work. The Griz 660 for as long as it has been around is still one the best ATV's on the market in its class.

You are makinga mistake in coparing the BF750 to the Grizz. Those are two different bike who are not made to compete against each other. I would compare the BF650i to the Grizz. Those two bike were designed to compete with each other.

You should have taken the time to research the BF650i. That is a whole different bike than the BF750. It handling has been to compared to that of the Handa's, wich is known for it handling. Its center of gravity is very low, if not the lowest in its class. It has power that Kawie's V-Twin is know for and and the handling to go with it.