Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Can't kill a 220 !

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had to say........Th atv I started out with was a 1994 kawa bayou 220(my dads) and I had it for 3 years. This thing is just unbeleivable! I beat the heck out of this quad you could not believe the stuff I did to it! stuff like go in old wreck yards, open car door and hit them while going 25-20 mph. I build me a trail in the woods..... to take trees down i would chain them to the rear trailer hitch with 15 feet chain and try to go as fast as i can before I get to the end of the chain. Hit my cousin's 220 at full speed while he was stopped(that one was an accident). That's just a few thing that happen to it! i could write a book about it.

I did have to fix it more than a couple of time tough! I had the racks rewelded about 5 or 6 times. Had to straighten and weld the pegs a couple of times too. I broke the shifter shaft once(had to have the engine opened to fix it) Blew up the 2 front shock (try to do the same stuff that your buddy does on his warrior and this is what's goign to happen to you) I put 4 tires on it. No need to say that the fenders are broken! The engine on this thing has no end! Even tough it smokes a little and backfires when compressing, the engine it still running good! Sometimes my dad tells me that this thing has done more mileage on the top than on its four wheels if the thing had an odometer the mileage would be extremely high, I would ride this quad from sunrise to sunset every off-school day.

I recommend this quad to anybody who wants to have a fun, fairly fast, reliable good overall quad.

shortly I'll be the new owner of a 400ex but I had to give a tribute to my first love, my old 220!

Old 11-22-2000, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like they are as reliable as a Honda. But you realy beat the hell out of it. You better hope it doesn't break, because i think the whole wheelier will fall apart. Is it the engine that is so good, because it sounds like everything else has broken more than once.

By the way, who pays for the parts when you brake them? and who bought the ATV?