Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Added some 27" Mudzillas, clutch options...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006 | 12:44 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Added some 27" Mudzillas, clutch options...

New here so please deal with a newb, I've only had my BF650 for a few months now and decided some new tires were needed. Now I've been reading that a clutch upgrade is a good idea. I want performance to stay stock or at least to maintain my topend. I mostly do ***** out trail riding and dune riding w/ hill climbs. Not so much technical riding but I do it now and then. What springs would ya'll recommend. My buddy has a BF650 also and we are pretty competitive so I still wanna whoop his ***.

Old 04-10-2006 | 02:15 AM
Range Rover

EPI maroon w/ black secondary is a great combo. If you really want to put power to the ground go with the Dalton Orange/blue or EPI red primary with a black secondary.

Old 04-10-2006 | 10:28 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Sweet thanks, I'm thinking about rejetting along with the clutch spring upgrades. I can never have too much power. However, I just want to do external mods, I don't really want to crack open the guts til she's a couple years old.

Old 04-11-2006 | 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

if you do fast trails and/or dunes then why in the world did ya buy mudzilla's? they are heavy and stiff as hell. for fast paced riding i'd look into a lighter tire that works on trails better sich as an ATR or any of a dozen other "trail" tire. a "mud" tire such as the zilla or other super aggressive mud tire works great for what its designed for, but a trail tire it isnt. if you want to go fast look into a race/trail tire. i run bearclaws on my p700 and love them.have a set of zilla's as well. but they are only used when i'm gonna be in a seriously swampy situation only. i hate them on any kind of trail use. this is just my opinion of course. but is also from much experience with different tires and machines over the past several years. if you are gonna run zilla's i seriously recommend a second set of trail tires.my last tires were mud lites and i really liked them for what they were.if i was only running one set of tires i would probably go back to them. but i really like the bearclaws on the trails, and the zilla's in the deep gooey mud. oh, back to your question, contact dalton or EPI and they will never steer ya wrong as long as ya are totally honest with what you are looking to do with the machine and what you are running on it.

Old 04-11-2006 | 01:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

sorry, didnt mean for that last post to sound as rude as it did. the zilla's are a great "MUD" tire, but an identically equipped machine running a lighter tire such as the bearclaws/mud lites/etc...will run circles around ya anywhere but in the deeper mud.in the 3 foot deep black goo the zilla's are unbeatable though.

Old 04-11-2006 | 02:00 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I'm in the process of moving, so I will be riding in primarly mud/snow/wet conditions. I mostly ride in sand here so the meats were wanted. Besides, my buddy whom which I'll be riding mostly with is getting vampires, so I guess we'll both have the same handicap. I will be keeping my stock tires and maybe one of these days pick up an extra set of wheels to keep them mounted on. This way if conditions dictate use of a diff tire such as the stocker, I will swap them. Otherwise I really don't give a $hit and simply asked a Q about clutch options w/ the 27's. Thanks MudLT for answering the Q.

I researched tires before buying, if I was really worried about it I would have stayed with the stock size, but because I plan to ride mosty in sand and mud the aggressive tires were what I settled on.

Not to come off as a dick as well, but I was aware of what would happen w/ a larger & heavier tire. I just want to keep the bike perfoming the way it was before the upgrade while maintaining acceptable belt wear and need to know which springs will do that. Thanks for all comments, good & bad.

(its' been one of those Mondays, appologies if I ruffled any feathers)