Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Brute spitting gas

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Brute spitting gas

my 06 brute force will spit gas from the vent under the handlebars after prolonged operation, it has been to the dealer-they said they could not find anything wrong, i am stuck??? please help

Old 04-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

lot of gas? there are a couple of breathers up there. Mine will spit out gas if you climb a very steep hill backwards. There are also moisture vents there so it might not be gas.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey thanks for writing back, my brute force will spit gas even when level, going over small hills, or on the trail, after prolonged usage, but it will also spit sometimes when climbing a steep hill

Old 04-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

Mine was doing the same but it wasn't gas I took mine to the dealer and they said that my prob was that i had to much oil in the front or the rear diff (or that was the only thing they coyuld figure out) and it was spitting up at me Especial while at a high speed or prolong riding. They ended up putting a couple pieces of tubes to re-route the tubes under the handle bars to the bottom so at least it wouldn't spit up at me while driving!

Old 04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Wildcountry
Mine was doing the same but it wasn't gas I took mine to the dealer and they said that my prob was that i had to much oil in the front or the rear diff (or that was the only thing they coyuld figure out) and it was spitting up at me Especial while at a high speed or prolong riding. They ended up putting a couple pieces of tubes to re-route the tubes under the handle bars to the bottom so at least it wouldn't spit up at me while driving!

Old 04-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

if its gas, first thing I would check is your check valve for the breather from the tank going into the frame. second, did you pull out the white sleeve out of the tank to hold more fuel? that could also be a problem if its doing it on a full tank. third thing to check is your float level, there is a line from both carbs that run up the steering stem with a clear plastic bulb, if its puking out of this its probably a clogged vent line causing back pressure and its spitting out the bulb. hope this helps
Bob

P.S. dont run the vent line torwards the ground to get rid of the spitting, anytime it goes under water it will stop vaccume to the carbs and cause the bike to stall.