Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any other BAYOU owners hearing weird, but seemingly harmless, engine noise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other BAYOU owners hearing weird, but seemingly harmless, engine noise?

I have a '94 Bayou and it has ran great since I got it new in '94. However, every time I ride, and it has done this for years, it will always end up making a weird noise that sounds like it's coming from the area where my right foot is. The noise will go away within a few shifts later. It seems like it's tied in with shifting, and the noise speeds up and slows down with the speed of the RPMs. A local mechanic told me he thought something wasn't lining up perfectly when the gears change, but that it's nothing to worry about since it's done it for so long and doesn't affect performance. I also talked to a '97 Bayou owner about this and he said it's just a Bayou thing, and that it's just a quirky thing that acts up but doesn't affect the way the atv runs. I can vouch for that because despite the noise, my Bayou runs very well.

Are there any other Bayou owners out there who have experienced this noise? Do you know what causes it?

I'm looking to sell my Bayou, but I don't want a potential buyer to be scared off because of this noise since it has done this for years and doesn't affect the performance. I also don't want it to run well when a potential buyer test drives it, and then have it make the noise after they buy it and get it home and think that there's something really wrong with it when I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Any other BAYOU owners hearing weird, but seemingly harmless, engine noise?

See your last post under another topic. I already wrote what to check - clutch hub.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks