Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Moose or Dynatek

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moose or Dynatek

Oh sorry, you got me. The programmable is only for the KFX 400.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Moose or Dynatek

I was just at our dealer today and had a Dynatec CDI model DFS2-13 in my hand. They wanted $253.00 cdn. for it. The mechanic and I were reading the info package in the box. Everything was plug and go ie. stock coil, plug wires , resister type spark plugs, etc.
As you read a little further, you see that Dynatec cautions that your bike may need rejetting. I think from the majority of threads that I have read here, rejetting will be needed. That means another $100 cdn for a rejetting kit, plus I am not a wrench type. That would add another mechanic's bill to get this CDI on the go.
I have the Moose Power Module now and it was half the price and it is truly plug and play. I believe that I will stay with it, I am having no complaints with this relatively inexpensive mod. The Power Mod puts the getty-up-go right where I want it....at the start. Just a little plus with it, my rad fan runs a lot less.
Just my two cents worth.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Moose or Dynatek

The only reason you would have to rejet with a Dyna would be if the machine wasn't jetted right in the first place. The Dyna has nothing to do with fuel, or air flow. It has everything to do with timing advance. More timing advance has a tendency to uncover jetting issues that were previously hidden by stock timing.

About the VDI problems. There are only a handful of guys that have had trouble with water and the VDI. There are far more guys that have experienced missing with their Dyna. The thing that matters is the customer service of both companies. Both will bend over backwards to get the problems fixed. Plus, the updated VDI is supposed to have upgrades for the guys that like swim with their quads. Don't get me wrong. Both products are excellent, and it is very unlikely you would ever have a problem with either CDI.

V2, you can get a Dyna for 170.00 on Ebay from a guy named motomahimahi. He has the lowest prices around.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Moose or Dynatek

I have not read of any prblems with the miss on P700s or BF650s. The guys that are always having troubles with the Dynas have BF750s and there jetting was messed up fromt the start. LOL!

V2rider, my Dyna has not come in yet. It may be next weekend before I can report back. I am about to leave and will not have a chance to install it til next weekend. I will let you know ASAP. I was thinking of videoing my Brute and a KFX400 racing before and after to give a comparison for everyone to see, if there is a big enough difference to notice on video, I will post the vids.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Moose or Dynatek

Sounds good, have a great weekend and week!!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default Moose or Dynatek

So is it really worth the extra $100 or so for the vdi or how much of a diffrence can there be between the dyna and the vdi (other than the vdi is programmable) how much faster can you get with the vdi or is it just more all around power.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Moose or Dynatek

Come on guy's i really would like some help on getting the right cdi I know some one out there use to have the dyna and swithed to the vdi which one is better and how do the 2 compare to each other

Old 05-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Moose or Dynatek

The Dyna is easier, as you dont have to mess with the jetting, and trying to pick a timing curve. The flip side is on the Dyna, you have one preset timing curve that you can use. I think there are like 7 to pick from on the cdi. But they both have a great impact on power through the entire powerband, so i chose to order the dyna, for easy power!!

Old 05-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Moose or Dynatek

Spend the extra money on the VDI it's worth it. The Copperhead allows you to run two ignition maps so you can set on e for 87 and one for 91 Octane fuel. You can disable limp mode and reverse over ride. You can hook up a tach or other handy gadgets. The VDI produces outstanding power through a corrected timing map and a more efficient spark. Because you have a much more efficient spark you will also be able to turn down your air/fuel mixture thereby increasing gas mileage and reducing the amount of fuel wipe in your cylinder at start up and cold idle.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Moose or Dynatek

Yeah, what he said. I dont know alot about the vdi, but i probably would get it if i wanted to mess with it. And the dyna also disables limp mode, and reverse override, it just doesnt let you choose different maps.

Quick Reply: Moose or Dynatek