Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF 750 Inner Fender Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF 750 Inner Fender Kit

Does the Inner Fender Kit prevent the BF from cutting out when in deep water. I rode in some deep water and it started to die for power, maybe the coil got wet. I heard that the inner fender kit helps to prevent water from splashing up on to the motor. Does anyone have any experience or comments with this problem?

Old 05-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

I just finished installing the factory inner fender kit on my '05 BF 750 last night. I've got to tell you I'm not too impressed with what I see. It only covers about 10 inches from the bottom of the frame up. Most of the engine and front exhaust pipe are still fully exposed. I'll being testing them out this weekend. I'll let you know if they make any difference. These would definitely NOT help out at all if you had the engine under water. It looks like they may help prevent some splash from hitting the lower to middle portion of the front of the engine.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

look at the parts diagrams of the 06 brute force 750. they come stock on them now, they are higher up than the optional ones that kawi sells. demerick, the ones you got are the optional ones that bolt on the tab with 3 holes down low? correct? the ones that come on the 06's are high up and look like they would do much better. they are a stock part on 06's so they have a part # and you must be able to buy them. ask a dealer or try some place like ron ayers.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

grizzkiller, yep. The ones I got are the short ones that bolt in the three holes down low. I didn't realize the '06 had higher ones. I'll see if I can find the part number for them. Thanks for the update.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

i have the short one and they help a lot

Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

crazy22, I'm glad to hear that. They just don't look like they would block much from looking at them, but I guess I need to look at the angle from bottom of the front tires. I'll definitely find out this weekend. Going up to the U.P. of Michigan for five days back in the sticks!

Old 05-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I went and took a picture of mine. You guys can take a look when it shows up on my picture page here. I think it covers a bit more from what I see on the Kawasaki web site, but I think more coverage would be nice. My prairie is totally closed in by plastic inside the fenders, but I also think this makes it harder to clean out the back of the radiator.

Trending Topics

Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Roofer. We must have two different inner fender kits. Yours are mounted high in the wheel well and the kit I got from Kawasaki's website (KVF750-017) for $64.95 mount in the bottom three holes and cover the bottom portion of the engine. Looks like using the ones you have plus the kit I got might give much better protection. Check out my pics once they're posted.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

the inner fender pics that roofer has are the ones you want. high up, protecting the airbox from splash is the key. the optional lower ones look like they would keep the area where the oil filter is clean. i havnt had a problem with the airbox YET, so i will wait until i get bitten to pick up a set. i know alot of people have made some out of mudflaps & plastic but i prefer a factory look thats just me. ha

Old 05-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer

grizzkiller,
I agree with that. I thought I was ordering the ones that would cover the upper portion of the engine. Oh well. I think I'll be pretty well covered if I can get a set of the ones roofer has too. I also like the factory look, but after spending $70+ on these and probably another $70 for the upper set, I'm sure I could make a nice set of home made ones that work just as well or better for much cheaper......

Quick Reply: BF 750 Inner Fender Kit