Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Don't know what is

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't know what is

Ok so when i ride my bf 750 a while the pipes coming out of the heads of the motor are so hot they are glowing red almost looks like you can see through them they are so hot. Is this a jetting issue or is it common I have about 1000 miles on my brute ( just now broke in) but have to say this is the first time i have seen it really.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

From what I read it is a jetting issue. Do a search about low speed miss or pipe glow for info. Your dealer should have the service bulletin for it. It is limited to certain vin numbers, but I can't remember where I saw that.

Old 06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

well it turns out mine was one of the brutes that needed the front carb needle changed out but had it now for about a day and it seems like it has lost some top end speed and also the pipes are still glowing red hot after 10 to 15 min of riding What Should i do next

Old 06-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

Your bike is running lean. You should not drive it like that. You can do major damage to the motor. Take it back to the dealer and see if they will fix it for you. This is a very common problem with BF750s.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Major damage from running lean????????????? As what???

Old 06-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Burning holes through cylinders/ pistons.................. Just think, if the exhaust coming out the motor is hot enough to make your pipes glow, how hot is it in the motor?

Old 06-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Brute 23 is right. At the very least I would suspect some warpage with that kind of heat. If I saw them get rod hot, I would shut it down immediately and tow it in if I had to. Kawi will need to fix your machine under warranty. I would even have them check to see if any permanent damage was done. How long did you let it run red hot?

Trending Topics

Old 06-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

wARRANT HAS EXPIERED Do you think they will still check it out for me for free. It's been like this for a while but i try not to ride it like this at all. I told one dealer about it and even about the recall on the front carb needle and he just acted like nothng was wrong with it didn't even look it up or anything. Than took to diff dealer and they fixed the front needle I will call them back and see if they will fix the lean issue and inspect the motor and stuff I can't belive that the dealer would do that!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I think you should be fine, especially after having the prior conversation with the dealer regarding the needle recall and what not. I would take a calm and friendly approach at first, and as a last resort, contact Kawasaki with regard to this issue. Most likely nothing is going to be permanently wrong with the quad and it will just be a matter of duking it out over what needs to be fixed and who is going to cover the cost.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

I hate that i am going to have to go through all of this especially since Kawasaki is aware of the issue. I really hope their isn't no damage to the motor It runs ok but not as smooth as a buddy of mine 750 You can deff tell the difference between to the 2 quads especially at top end I really hate this!!