Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I got smoked by a new Brute

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got smoked by a new Brute

I raced a 2006 Brute Force 750 on an 1/8 mile drag and he beat me by about 15 feet each time. He claims he was bone stock, my 2005 has a Dynatek CDI and a Dalton clutch kit. What did Kawi do to these things to make em so quick? I want mine to be like that!

Old 07-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you probally lost power with you aftermarket tires and rimes. That sounds like alllot though because your tires shouldnt take that much power.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

the ITP C series 5's with stock size ATR's only adds 22 lbs total over stock rims and tires (Nyroc weighed them) and takes no power away because they are the same outer diameter, I did this on purpose so I wouldnt lose any low end. I have beaten every single 750 I have raced until this 06 model. I talked to another guy with an 05 that raced an 06 (not the same one) and he was beaten by the same amount. They have changed something, I want to know what, I dont want to have to buy another quad so soon lol

Old 07-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

accelerating is also a function of rotating mass... you have 11lbs more rotating mass to twist up to speed by that engine.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

If kawasaki made any changes in the engine, it would have been minor ones. Different cams, or cdi box.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: duffus
accelerating is also a function of rotating mass... you have 11lbs more rotating mass to twist up to speed by that engine.
You are ABSOLUTELY correct. The addition of rotating mass will kill the performance. 1 pound of rotating mass is about the equivalent of 10 pounds of extra weight. So with the addition of 22 pounds of rotating mass you are roughly adding another 220 pound rider. Think I'm wrong? Try to get the guy to swap you wheels and tires for 1 run or put on your own stockers and see what happens.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
Originally posted by: duffus
You are ABSOLUTELY correct. The addition of rotating mass will kill the performance. 1 pound of rotating mass is about the equivalent of 10 pounds of extra weight. So with the addition of 22 pounds of rotating mass you are roughly adding another 220 pound rider. Think I'm wrong? Try to get the guy to swap you wheels and tires for 1 run or put on your own stockers and see what happens.
Indeed. Sir Isaac Newton will not be denied. He takes devilish delight in taking little instances like this and making you his proverbial b*tch.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Curious about the Dalton kit. What weights and springs did you put in.
Sounds like you may of done a kit for big tires.
With the mods you did even with the added weight you should of done no worse than tie with stock clutch kit.

If you really want to smoke him do an open air box mod and full Muzzy or HMF exhaust and jet to around 180-185 both front and back, shim needles .20-.40. With the BF750 go with the (EHS racing) air box lid to open it up.
If I were you I would go back to stock clutch setup also. If you change anything go with an epi maroon in primary.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the input. i used the Dalton orange and blue spring with the stock tire size flyweights.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

The Dalton orange/ blue is a good spring with a little higher engage than epi maroon or stock. 25-167 and should be better for drag racing because of higher rpm stall. Shift out is good and as close to 180 as you can get and not going over it. Don't know that much about the Dalton weights. I'm thinking they may be on the light side and that could be where your losing some bottom end. Are they adjustable? If not I would put stockers back in and see if they pick up acceleration quicker. Its really hard to tell without a stop watch sometimes.

Quick Reply: I got smoked by a new Brute