Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I got smoked by a new Brute

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got smoked by a new Brute

what about having the valves adjusted? could I lose some power there? I havent done it yet because I dont have 100 hours on it yet but its almost 2 years old.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
Originally posted by: duffus
accelerating is also a function of rotating mass... you have 11lbs more rotating mass to twist up to speed by that engine.
You are ABSOLUTELY correct. The addition of rotating mass will kill the performance. 1 pound of rotating mass is about the equivalent of 10 pounds of extra weight. So with the addition of 22 pounds of rotating mass you are roughly adding another 220 pound rider. Think I'm wrong? Try to get the guy to swap you wheels and tires for 1 run or put on your own stockers and see what happens.
Indeed. Sir Isaac Newton will not be denied. He takes devilish delight in taking little instances like this and making you his proverbial b*tch.
LMAO...funny but true!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

adding alot of weight to the rotating mass is a very noticable (bad) thing, just like when you remove (good) alot of weight from the rotating mass. just my .02¢

Old 07-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

ok, well I took it in to the dealer to have the valves adjusted, spark plugs changed and the recall on the tie-rods. I want to pep this baby up so I'll be asking more questions later.

I looked at a set of rims and tires he had at theealer, they were really nice, had little spiders painted on the sidewalls. the problem is the front and backs were two different heights, they both said they were 25" tires but one was almost an inch bigger in diameter???? same brand tires, one was 8" wide, the other 10" wide, it was very clear they were different heights though, so I didnt buy them. ever seen that before???

Old 07-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

The main thing was your tires but also if your bike is lean or not jetted as good as his would it could have cost you some too. No two bikes are the same.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

what tires and rims would you guys recommend for someone who wants a quick bike? I dont really go through deep mud because I have another vehicle set up for that, I want the Brute to be more of a racer with moderate trail capabilities. I saw a rim that weighed 7.5 pounds, a Maxlite I think it was called. the reason I'm so quick to get rid of these brand new ATR Holeshots is they wobble real bad about 50-55 mph. I want a lite rim and tire that doesnt wobble and I dont really care what kind of tread it has as long as it hooks up good when dry. any input is appreciated.

ps, I already sold my stock rims and tires [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ps, I already sold my stock rims and tires

Well, that's bad news. For racing the stockers are hard to beat. Just my opinion but try to find a wheel and tire combo as close to the weight of the stockers as you can. If you can put togther a set that is lighter then that would be great. For the trails just keep you atr's, from my experience they work very well on trails, and if the wobble bothers you get them ballanced. Some people at the tire shop may look at you funny for bringing in atv tires but ballancing really helps. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

I got a line on a set of stock rims and tires off an '05 King Quad 700, those are the same wheels aren't they?

Old 07-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be wrong but I think they are 4/110 pattern also.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

Those wheels will work fine. The KQ, Brute Force 750 and Grizzly 660 wheels are interchangeable...

Quick Reply: I got smoked by a new Brute