Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How tough are the Mudlite xtr

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How tough are the Mudlite xtr

I ride where there is alot of jagged rocks and thick soupy mudd. I am nervouse that the XTR will puncture on the sidewall if I hit a rock just right. The ITP website say they are tough, but how tough is tough. I owned a pair of ATR and I killed them in less than a month. I punctured the sidewall very easily. If anyone has the XTR please respond...................I mean really jagged rocks, with very soupy mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was considering the Bighorns, but they can't the mud where I ride.

Old 07-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Check my tires out on my pics. They have a protective sidewall, for exactly what you do, rocks!! I will never buy another type of tire, these have proven well in rough rocky terrain, to hardpack, and pulls through the mud and snow like nothing. I have yet to get a flat

Old 07-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

V2,
The area where I ride has jagged rocks that slice tires. Will the swamplites hold up on jagged tires? Thanks

Old 07-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wish i had pics of the chopped up tar field me and a buddy ride in (he also has swamplites). Its a field of jagged chunks of concrete and broken up asphalt, that we like to challenge each other to cross without tipping over, or puncturing a tire. Neither of us has lost a tire, but he did roll his wheeler. You are going to want tires like the Swamplite with a more aggressive, closer tread pattern to let the lugs take the jagged rocks, and not the tire itself. I believe bighorns have this type of tread also, but arent very good in mud. Tires like mudlites, gators, and dirt devils are superb in mud, but offer less protection against rocks ands sharp objects.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

V2,
You have my attention regarding the swamplites. What is the tread in inches, and is there sidewall protection? Also I was gonna run 26" on ITP 4 rims. The only size I could find on ebay was 26X10X12, I am missing something. Usually the front is different than the back. If you could post the pics of the area you ride, that would be great too. I know I'm asking alot, thanks for your times.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Go to this link. www.traxmotorsports.com

This is the best site to see the specs, and what the tires are designed for with alot of different tire choices. The upper right hand corner will sponsor the swamplites. This is were i ordered my tires and rims from. They ship them mounted on the rim, ready to ride, with lugs, and caps. Free shipping also.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

V2,
Thanks for the help! I am still afraid to pull the trigger on the swamplites. Everyone has 589 where I ride because they are very rugged, however I feel they don't ride that great. The swamplite look like they ride great. I cant find any reviews on the swamplites. That website you sent me great. Thanks for helping out a brother!!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No problem.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

V2,
I pulled the trigger. I ordered 26" swamplites today from the website you gave me. I'm hoping they will handle the jagged rocks. I can't wait until they come in. They look great on your quad.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your going to love them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How tough are the Mudlite xtr