Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

which big bore to buy this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which big bore to buy this weekend

we're getting a big bore this weekend and i think i'm going with a brute force 650i. i hear they are faster than 650 sra and comparable to the 750. and faster than kq. the king quad 700 would be my second consideration except the bf is faster. is this something where a chip would fix the off the line problem? i really don't want to buy it then mod it right away but i want a quad that runs like a 400 ex but has 4x4 and torque to pull a barn door off.
help me decide. gimme some advice please!

Old 07-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

i'd go exactly as you: 650i first choice, KQ second choice. the 650i will do what you want. i wouldn't trade mine for anything....

monty

Old 07-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Hands down I would spend 500 bucks more and get the 750I. 8 HP more at crank which is a lot when you are looking at the difference between a 43 and 51 Hp machine at crank.
This BS that the 750i does not handle as well as 650i because of some mysterious off set difference in the suspension is just that BS. Add some aftermarket tires and wheels and the only difference you will see is speed. The 750i will take a 650i any day, anywhere. The KQ is as close to a gutless wonder Rincon as you can get.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

check out the 750 while you are there... I think its $600 more or so...? just my suggestion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: minimus
Hands down I would spend 500 bucks more and get the 750I. 8 HP more at crank which is a lot when you are looking at the difference between a 43 and 51 Hp machine at crank.
This BS that the 750i does not handle as well as 650i because of some mysterious off set difference in the suspension is just that BS. Add some aftermarket tires and wheels and the only difference you will see is speed. The 750i will take a 650i any day, anywhere. The KQ is as close to a gutless wonder Rincon as you can get.
The King will be a different machine when VDI releases their entirely unrestricted ECM replacement...All you V-twin guys are going to be shocked what the King's 695cc DOHC is capable of when it's not tied down by Suzuki's lawyers. Really, the thing is that the V-twins get off the line so far ahead of the stock detuned KQ that the KQ can't catch up, but once there's not that Low end advantage you'll be losing to a few KQ's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Jason, I was just faced with the same decission you are, I norrowed it down to 3 choices, the bf 650i, the bf 750 and the kg 700, The first dealer I was working with said they were out of 650i's but would give me a 750 for three hundred dollars more, I thought that was a good deal but as I looked into the handling part of the quad all of my research found that the 650i handled better, so I went to another dealer and got the 650i. Minimus says that there may be no difference in handling between the 650i and 750 and that may be true, after reading his posts he seems like he knows what he is talking about, but then again so does monty. My suggestion would be to Private message those two guys, they have tons of good advice and they know what they are talking about, other then that Its your decission, Good luck, kk

Old 07-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

I used to own a Brute 750, there is a difference in the handling of the two --no doubt about it. The steering is easier on the 650i. Also, as far as the power comparison - I was skeptical too until I rode a 650i.. Off the line, I don't think you can tell a difference. I have a Dyna CDI and I think it is actually quicker than my 750 with Moose module. I have not opened my 650i up on the top end. The 750 may be faster on top end but since I never ride at 60+ on the trails -I would not be able to verify it.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Range Rover

hey great advice guys. i just bought a 650i tonight so i'll be seeing you around the forums. if there is any more power to be found on the 650i, i probably won't need it except for bragging rights. i'll just keep it stock, maybe a cheap module for that down low power people tell me about. the front tires definitely lift and popped one small wheelie on demand. we got so tied up in the dealership that it was dark for my first ride. cant wait for a day ride and even more so to go with my buddies and show them what i got now. he he he.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

no handling problems here by the way. donuts may be tough but powerslides are not. the jury is still out. we don't even have our first hour on it.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: minimus
The KQ is as close to a gutless wonder Rincon as you can get.

Thanks, I was in need of a hearty chuckle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: which big bore to buy this weekend