Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

'06 BF 650 4x4i vs 04 P700

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 BF 650 4x4i vs 04 P700

Just a little friendly input on the matter of owning quads. I ask for each one of us to be thankful that we EVEN own a quad. Do you folks realize how many hungry people there are that would be more than happy to have your left over after meal!!!?? I find it pointless to argue what quad is better than others. I just recently purchased a BF Kaw 650 4x4i quad last saturday (8/26/06). I have a wide range of experience of 7 years of sport bike ownership, quads, jet skis, and dirt bikes. Please let me share my insight of what I experienced riding the BF 650 since I was so torn trying to decide if I should have purchased the 750 instead. The first day out riding the quad around Watson street and I-10 proved that the 650cc quad was WAYYYY too much power than I really needed. The quad just stuffed anything I could put it thur rocks, mud, high climbs, sand, extreme climbing, getting stuck on side inclines that required me to reverse carefully without flipping it over. I can keep going on all the ranges of my experience. I do not regret my decision buying the 650 cc quad.....it is more than enough power to do all I ask and more. For you folks that find it ideal to run your big bore at 60+mph speed with catcus on the side if the trails might be needing to carry life insurance and burial insurance for the sake of your families. Heh!

Anything over 650 CC...your just wasting GAS.....

Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Buying a bomb not be running with the kawis, it would be running away from them.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

exactly v2, like the kawie does to the queen.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fcbrute
Originally posted by: Toyeboy
Blacknight was not giving his opinion, he was name calling like a little girl and refering to the King Quad as Queen and I don't think that's respecting my opinion.

And in stock form I agree the BF 750 is more powerful than the King, but the biggest reason why is b/c the King is so detuned, worse than the Kawi V-twins, Lyle from VDI has said so himself....V-twins have their advantages in making power but a 695cc dohc single with EFI can still put out a lot of power when properly tuned so the difference isn't going to be as big as you guys think it is.
umm..... yes it is still going to be a big difference. no matter how much you post about it and defend the king(lol) bottom line is its a dog. if you wanna run with the kawies so bad buy a bomb bro.
If you weren't so ignorant of what Suzuki has done to the King's motor you would know why it's a dog...it's b/c of the severe detuning done to it, a fuel injected 695cc motor isn't a dog when it's not crippled by retarded timing and extremely leaned out fuel. Do the same to your precious V-twin and you'd get the same slugish power. VDI's ECU will increase power by 30 to 40% at lower rpms, if you don't believe me then go to Nyroc's website and PM VDI for yourself and they'll tell you the King will run with a modded V-twin when their done. You obviously know nothing about this replacement ECU for the King...don't act like you do please.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

DOG!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Grow up FCBrute!!!!
You will see what I'm tring to say soon enough when the King gets the VDI copperhead

There's King owners on these forums that have spent their hard earned money on their ATV as well and ALL you can do is put them down with silly names like "dog" and "queen" but I'm very used to it by now, this is all I get from Kawi guys and it's really to bad b/c we all should be in ATVing together.

The CDI modules really opened up your V-twins so why can't you understand the same is possible for a big single that's been detuned even worse. It's just common sense.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grow up FCBrute!!!!
You will see what I'm tring to say soon enough when the King gets the VDI copperhead

There's King owners on these forums that have spent their hard earned money on their ATV as well and ALL you can do is put them down with silly names like "dog" and "queen" but I'm very used to it by now, this is all I get from Kawi guys and it's really to bad b/c we all should be in ATVing together.

The CDI modules really opened up your V-twins so why can't you understand the same is possible for a big single that's been detuned even worse. It's just common sense.
Hey Toyeboy, you are correct in saying a VDI should help the KQ. I don't doubt that at all. Once it is installed, the KQ should be a complete all around big bore. We just don't see it having more HP and torque than a stock 650/700/750 kawie vtwin. That doesn't mean that the KQ with the VDI will be a dog, but on the contrary it should be very good. Just enjoy what you bought and we will enjoy what we bought. IMO.....nowdays, all the quads are very good. The bottom line is what type of riding will you mostly do and what do you want. You obviously bought what you wanted and you should enjoy it, even if it means adding the VDI to you KQ. I personally enjoy my bf750. I love the power and the bomb800 is the only utility quad that can beat it. However, I now understand that power is only part of making a full package quad. There are other issues that should be included like handling, comfort, etc. I do miss the handling of my kawie 700 prairie. That is why I say the KQ is a very good all around quad. So, enjoy the ride and let us know how the new VDI works out if you get one.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Everyone says the ride and handleing on the KQ is better, but they say the overall quality sucks.

Everyone says this??? Why is it that my Suzuki KQ's quality is very good, good as in on par with a Honda and definitely as good or better than a Kawasaki....I'll show you a lot of happy King Quad owners on Nyroc's King Quad forum. Take it from someone that has a King and doesn't abuse it like myself, it's high quality bike and I haven't had anything break or any problems in 1300 miles of riding it......Kawasaki isn't any better quality than a Suzuki they are virtually the same in overall quality, I've seen this on the trail with several Kawi's I ride with none of us usually have a problem.

I litterally read hundreds of opinoins of both quads.....50/50 were not happy with the KQ....for various reasons. It is pretty dang hard to find someone who owns a 750 or 650 who is not happy. That made all the difference for me. I was very, very close to buying a KQ. My best friend has a Vini, that is a great bike, but he had similar gripes, that people who owned KQ's did. After riding my 07 750....I'm glad I didn't.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

There's 103 rider reviews for the King Quad on powersportsnetwork.com and the average rating is around 4.7 out of 5...that's not 50/50.

Quick Reply: '06 BF 650 4x4i vs 04 P700