Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Please Help!!!! Nightmare problem BF 750i!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!!! Nightmare problem BF 750i!!!!!!

Here's my problem. I have an 05 Bruteforce 750i with 2200 miles. The 2wd/4wd light on the dash flashes from 2wd to 4wd constantly in .5 sec intervals. I have learned on this forum that if the lights flashes in 1sec intervals = code for 4wd actuator. If light flashes in .5 sec intervals (which is my problem) = problem with EBS actuator. The bike runs and rides awesome. The 4wd works great, and the ebs works great also. I guess I just don't like the fact that there is a light flashing on my dash while I'm riding. Being that I have the extended 4yr warranty, brought it to local dealer. They changed the oil in frontend, said light was flashing due to dirty oil, and since oil not covered under warranty, sent me back on a 1.5hr ride home with a $70.00 bill. Got home, rode bike 3 minutes and light started flashing again. Months went by before I had a chance to bring it back. Upon my second visit mechanic told me that he other bf 750's come in with same problem as me and apparrently there was a bus fuse in the wiring harness that gets corroded. He said that the fix was to cut out the bus fuse and hard solder the wires. Sounded reasonable. When I returned the pick up the bike a few hours later the 4wd drive no longer worked and light still flashing on dash. I told him that I never had problems with 4wd. bike was only there for the light flashing or ebs code. He accused me of lying and said that the 4wd never worked when I brought it in. Hence after a few choice words, I loaded my bike and headed home. Having never had 4wd problems before I figured it must be caused be something he did. I tore the bike apart and double checked his soldering skills. Although the seat was installed crooked and a couple bolts weren't tightened, I must say that the soldering job was, however, up to snuff. Grasping at straws I installed a Dyna FS cdi and the 4wd would work. Cleaned all the connections, put dielectric grease and after switching the stock cdi back and forth with the Dyna, the 4wd only works with the Dyna. Therefore I came to the conclusion that somehow, someway, the mechanic must of shorted my cdi in the soldering process. Took my bike back to dealer and explained to the mechanic my findings. He told me that since I installed an aftermarket cdi on my wheeler, I voided the warranty and he wouldn't cover burning the old cdi, nor would he install a new one. I told him I was willing to accept that, and now that I had figured out how to fix the 4wd problem which he had created, all I wanted fixed was my initial problem with the ebs code. He told me that he didn't know what was wrong and that he was going to call Kawasaki and void my warranty for changing the cdi. So my wheeler is back to running great however, I still have this stupid light flashing back and forth. Can anybody shed any light on my dilema? With the wealth of information on this site, there has to be someone here who has encountered this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would like to punch your azzhole dealer right in the face. And i hope hes on this forum reading this.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

That's pretty awful man, I'd definetly be writing a letter to the highest level of corporate Kawasaki for your area. My dealer gave me tips for installation of the Copperhead CDI and offered to do the 840 cc big bore upgrade for me and indicated they would still uphold any aspect of the manufacturer's warranty coverage, regardless of aftermarket upgrades. Try an add in the local paper explaining the position this dealer has put you in, keeping in ming the language so as to avoid a lawsuit, just my 2 cents but maybe it'll give others a heads up and provide the dealer with economic impacts of bad business. Sorry I haven't read of or had that particular problem yet ~ Smoke 'em if ya got'em

Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

i agree, maybe one of the worst dealer stories i've heard. anyways, i would go with the original diagnosis. its probably the KEBC actuator. it may still be working but its probably on its way out. i've heard of them doing this. as long as the buss connector has been fixed correctly i would say its the KEBC actuator. i'm in the process of fixing my buss connector right now.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

unhook battery cable to reset system then if light still flashes start engine lightly tap on ebs motor with pliers this should correct problem seen it work several times

Old 09-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: grizzkiller
i agree, maybe one of the worst dealer stories i've heard. anyways, i would go with the original diagnosis. its probably the KEBC actuator. it may still be working but its probably on its way out. i've heard of them doing this. as long as the buss connector has been fixed correctly i would say its the KEBC actuator. i'm in the process of fixing my buss connector right now.

Are you fixing the bus connector because of a flashing light like me? If you are let me know how you make out. Thanks.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kinda had that prob so what i did was take the ebs brake fork out and put electric tape on the lights and wham. I like it allot better now.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

sorry, no. i'm fixing the buss connector because my fan quit working and after cutting the harness open, the connector was all corroded and the two white power/ignition wires were basically falling out. you can try tapping on the KEBC motor or actuator and resetting by undoing the battery but its only a temp fix. the KEBC actuator is on its way out. oh, if your dealer soldered the buss connector wires while the battery was still hooked up along with the cdi, that could have caused the shorting out or frying of the cdi.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

hey dude I am having the same problem with myt bike . what I do is put switch in the 2wd pos. when light flashes itis in 2wd, turn off bike then restart and ride alittle then re engage the 4 wd if needed. I started having problems after i put in amsoil 30 weight for motorcycles . I wonder if the synthetic oil doesn't let actuater work strongly enough?? please keep me posted with ideas. my bike has had tie rod recall and jet fix from kawi dealer. now this and only 625 miles and 180 hours!!!! not an abused mashine either.. well good luck to us all

Old 09-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

Went to the mail this weekend and found a bill from my dealer for $164.15 from my last visit. UNBELIEVABLE. After 3 visits, after frying my cdi, and after flat out telling me that they don't know how to fix my problem, they have the audacity to send me a bill. I purchased a 4yr extended warranty from Kawasaki and don't feel I deserve this. Does Kawasaki have a customer service number for people that get screwed?

Quick Reply: Please Help!!!! Nightmare problem BF 750i!!!!!!