Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

buss conn fix/ no 4wd/ FIXED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buss conn fix/ no 4wd/ FIXED!

ok an update for those who this might happen to. my fan quit working, figured it was the buss connector, my brother and i soldered it up, but we did it wrong by soldering in pairs instead of all like colors, tried to start got nothing. so we then soldered all like colors and it fired right up but now i had no 4wd(the light was not blinking either) the light was stuck on 2wd. we tried a new controller, nothing. tested power to the actuator, it was working. so i bought a dynatek cdi, put it in and WAMMO! i now have 4wd drive again. what happened i think was that we tried to start it with the wrong grounds and ignition wires soldered incorrectly which fried the cdi. the cdi is on the path of currant sent from the controller to the switch or vice/versa.

so if you do the buss connector fix, diconnect everything, not just the battery. disconnect the 4wd/kebc controller and cdi as well, and make sure it is soldered correctly but attempting to start.

and my first impressions of the dynatek is WOW WEE! quite abit of extra snot(bear in mind this was only in the driveway). i know alot of people said this cdi will cause a miss but i havnt noticed anything yet. the instructions say it may need rejetting(richen it up). but my brute was running rich after a recent plug swap, i added a K&N and prefilter and with the dynatek it seems to be running spot on. i will post more if anything changes. thanks to everyone who helped me out! bruteforcebob, i'm sorry you havnt got your 4wd going yet, i was almost certain it was your cdi.

BRUTE FORCE, WHOOPIN UP AND TAK'N NAMES!!! gotta love this bike!