Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki 360 praire

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki 360 praire

I have a 2006 360 praire, right from day one the engine would stop when you stoped.Meaning when the machine stoped the engine would quite . You would have to start it againe to move on. It has been back to the dealers too mennay times and they cant fix it.
I live in Canada so the company will not answer or return my emails to them.
Can any one give any ideas on this. Thanks Mike

Old 10-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Denbigh57,
I have read simular posts to this in the past. It is not a common problem and I cannot say for sure what it is. but, in past postings I read where dealerships finnaly found that a small item I believe it was a plug was missing from the carborator. The piece was missing from the manufacturing company. What that item is for sure I do not know? I don't even know that this would be your problem or not. Bottom line is your dealer should be responsible to get the bike fixed!

What I have done in the past (with great results) is acquired the customer service 1-800 number for kawasaki and called them to ask for additional help that the dealer was not providing. You must remain calm and very polite while talking to them or you will get nothing in return. Explain your problem to them nicely and they will contact your dealer with additional help they will need to get it resolved one way or another. It does work and it can be a pain sometimes but the polite calls will go miles in getting the results that you desire.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results.

Mud

Old 10-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I see alot of people complaining of stalling at idle and it's because the lash is too tight on their exhaust valve,but I don't know about from day one?do a search you will find something.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

My grandpas 360 was doing the same thing and it was a jetting issue. It was jetted for sea level and we are way higher. Once we rejetted it is is fine now.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the valves checked and adjusted. Mine did that same thing untill i had them adjusted.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Denbigh57 Great thanks for info. I have found two peices on the pilot screw missing. The o ring and washer, from day one. Going to see if I can get these.
As long as the machine doesn't move and warmed upit will idle. Stopes when you bring machine to a stop.
Will keep posted.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

If the quad idles fine and does not stall, then your carburetion appears to be OK. The engine stalling that you are describing sounds like EBC related issue to me. Your EBC is pressing against the drive converter (EBC ON) when it should let go (EBC OFF).

Does your EBC go to home position when you turn off the ignition?
Does your EBC engage (ON) and disengage (OFF) properly when coasting down/decelerating?
What has the dealer done so far to try to fix the problem? What parts have they replaced?
How is the speedo sensor connection to the crankcase/output shaft? Even though most of 360s don't have a speedo (option), they ALL have the speedo sensor because this sensor's return voltage to the ecu/control unit is the most important data for the EBC to work properly.

If it's not EBC or carburetion related, the only thing that I would guess is the main bearing but not likely though.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi folks.. After a lengthy stay and numerous tests on this quad it came down to a too tight exhaust valve. Now have to go out on it and see what happens on a lengthy run.Thanks for the insight..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]