Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF750 noises

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF750 noises

I brought my BF into dealership for shaking front end and a ticking/tapping noises, even let them do a full service on it to aid diagnosis. A balljoint was found to be bad and the other side going... but would get to that under extended warranty. They also changed drivebelt saying it was glazed, and that I said it was squealing...NOT. I asked for belt and they'd see if they could find it, ...wasn't glazed at all. And only 666 miles on it. Now theres weird noises in belt drive area, an intermittent whirring sound sometimes, especially when I come to a stop with it in gear(of course) and it seems like its also dragging...took it out of gear and noises and dragging stopped. Brought it all the way back and it was diagnosed to be some dust behind a bearing...duh. It still does this occassionally now and I'm having a tough time getting them to take it back in, they"re telling me to take it somewhere else, and the list goes on with professionalism. Now theres also more noises after a couple miles of slow trail use and it's fully warmed up...like every valve is out of adjustment...and more. They replaced the rear cams release springs saying the original noise was most likely from that??? Now I hear it like its coming out exhaust along with it sounding like an old tired panhead! I can't touch it, it'll void their warranty which they aren't honoring at the moment while I'm going thru Att. Generals Office...riding it seems scarey, don't want to srcew it up. I have checked exhaust shield bolts after reading forums, they were ok. Any input would be helpful...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default BF750 noises

Sounds like it's time for you to find another dealership!

Old 11-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BF750 noises

that input took a lot of thinking...demerick

Old 11-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default BF750 noises

Well to me the belt that they screwed up sound like it needs to be adjusted if you could do it yourself I would say go ahead but the belt needs to have a certain clearance with shims/washers and if it doesn't have the right clearance then it will make noises...as for the cams it sound like the valves could be off and if you could also do that I would tell you to go ahead with a feeler gauge and check the valve clearanced and make sure they are correct makeing sure that the cams are in correctly and that the chain tensioner is tight...I wouldn't ride it i it were me unless you know the dealer will fix it but they don't sounds like they know what they are doing in the first place so you are prob better off doing it yourself and voiding the warrenty before you do internal damage to your engine.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default BF750 noises

Have following been checked?
Valve adjustment
Belt deflection
EBC function
Cam timing

Old 11-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BF750 noises

thanks for input guys... no, I haven't done any timing or clearance checks. It does start right up tho... I did ask them about adjusting belts with shims n stuff, their reply was that when the belt got worn more it would have to be re-shimmed again and it was easier to just replace with new belt. Believe it or not I was called today about putting my old belt back in, giving half my money back ($360) blah, blah, blah...but no mention of repairing anything. If it was hard to start I could see timing being off. Just moved up here a little while back so I'm not up on much for dealerships and the like. I have gotten some info off Kawasaki's website. It seems I might have to bring it to another dealership, although I am a deisel tech. I don't know for sure how it would stand up in small claims if I found something instead of it being a legitimate tech at dealership??

Old 11-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default BF750 noises

If you are a diesel tech then just do it yourself get the specs on how to do it or the service manual and you won't have to worry about others messing up the quad But i would def fix the belt and it sounds like the valves might need to be reshimmed or something is loose so I would give it a look and make sure everything is torqued and gapped corectly

Old 11-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default BF750 noises

Also what company do you work for since I am going to be going to school to be a Ford tech next year just curious and want to get into diesels also and reg engines also

Old 11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BF750 noises

hey bombrider...doing it myself has always been the thought, but I have the 4 yr extended also. I have bought the service manual...and top-end set. And Ford isn't what it used to be....I worked for InterState Ford Trucks-Hartford, CT

Old 11-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default BF750 noises

i had noises like that to drove me crazy, adjuted vales removed clutch and started nothing helped.i was sure it was rod bearing. so i removed cover on stator side all the chain tensioners are on that side . pulled springs on tensioners and put back together and it sounded like a new bike.after words found out you can do this without removing cover.lots play in cam chains and water pump chain

Quick Reply: BF750 noises