Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

moose or exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moose or exhaust

I need some recommendations I mostly trail ride with a little mudding and every now and then one of my friends gets a wild hair and want to challenge my brute. Haven't had any problems leaving them in the dust but want a little something extra just in case, I'm riding a 05 650 with 26 inch mudlites. Should I go for an after market exhaust or the moose mudule for little something extra. Again I don't race my bike often but have grown to like kicking butt when I do (got kicked a lot riding my 500 honda). Also with either will it require some additional adjustments? I don't really post but just reading you guys comments really helps new guys like myself Thanks.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default moose or exhaust

I think you'll enjoy the exhaust more, plus it should be the first mod by rule of thumb. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default moose or exhaust

Oh and welcome to the forums tennesseebrute.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default moose or exhaust

I'd get the exhaust too.

My sister was once bitten by a moose. (Watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default moose or exhaust

Thanks for the quick response what brand/model would you recommend don't want anything too loud really like to way it sounds now.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default moose or exhaust

Don't do either. Get an aftermarket cdi from dyna around $200 or from vdi around $400. Best bang for the buck bar none. Simply plug and play. It's the first thing you should do for the kawie motors if you want performance. If you beat your friends now you'll smoke them with a cdi.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default moose or exhaust

Fastfatboy or anyone for that matter will this have any long term negative effect on the quad, I know it may seem like a dumb question but I don't know so I asked.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default moose or exhaust

there is no long term negative effects on exhaust or CDI upgrades as long as you keep it serviced like your supppose to and make sure that you are jetted right so you are not running to rich or even worse to lean

Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default moose or exhaust

I have a supertrapp IDSX exhaust and love it, sounds good and not too loud. I also had the moose mod and recently replaced it with a dyna cdi. The dyna is by far the most bang for the buck IMO.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default moose or exhaust

okay if cdi will require jetting that's something that I have no ideal how to do, all the loacl shops are swamped most are saying 3 to 6 weeks wait on tune ups or any repair, (hunting season). That why I wanting to go with something simply that I could complete myself, last I checked the service manual was on back order when I get one I'll feel more comfortable making repairs/mods. Thanks for the suggestions/help.

Quick Reply: moose or exhaust