Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

A Woman Bearing a Gift

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Woman Bearing a Gift

Originally posted by: HavinSomeFun
How about sale it/raffle it/trade it for as many 50cc wheelers as you can get for the little ones to enjoy. If the soldiers family donated it for the kids, then turn it into something that will leave a positive memory for the Kids.

Kevin
BTW I thank you all for your help it is tougher than I first thought. I have had the funds to get a number of low powered quads, because they are used once a year they get old fast. Parts, finding space to store them and so on causes problems. I have a dealer that lends all the machines I need plus they get sponsering from my club so it works out well.

I hate to sell the quad then distribute the cash to other projects it seems his essence is being cut apart.

The idea I have so far will keep his generousity for a long time. He started to snorkle it before he left overseas. I think if I finish his work maybe add a 4 inch lift kit essentialy turn it into a mud-machine my Munchkins will get a kick out of this.

I have been talking with my group of volunteers we came up with a plan see what you think.

Finish his quad turn into a mud-machine.
Have it set up at camp as a prize in that the prize is to get totaly mudded up on this hopped up mud-monster. If you could see the kids faces when they come back from a run covered in mud their parents ask " What happend ". Faces have a permanent smile on them as they're telling how they got covered. His name will be plastered all over this machine kind of a lasting tribute to his sacrifice.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer

it should be easy it sounds to me like the real problem is you whould like to have a mud machine for yourself do yourself a favor and raffle it off and give to charity

Old 11-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

This is just my two cents, but...
The gal and her husband obviously thought a lot of you and trust that you will do what you think is right. The end result should be that you make something positive happen in his memory. I suspect that he probably loved that quad and could see some of himself in you. He would want you to do what you think would have the biggest impact. Having said that, if you finish his project (positive outcome), make some kids happy (positive outcome), and have some fun yourself (positive outcome), then you have accomplished what you set out to do, and what he and his wife wanted you to do. If you feel good about the project (positive outcome), and this makes you continue helping the kids (positive outcome), then wow, what more could you ask??

Bottom line, do what you feel is the right thing. I think your mudder idea fits the scenario nicely. Good luck!

Old 11-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ALZATV
This is just my two cents, but...
The gal and her husband obviously thought a lot of you and trust that you will do what you think is right. The end result should be that you make something positive happen in his memory. I suspect that he probably loved that quad and could see some of himself in you. He would want you to do what you think would have the biggest impact. Having said that, if you finish his project (positive outcome), make some kids happy (positive outcome), and have some fun yourself (positive outcome), then you have accomplished what you set out to do, and what he and his wife wanted you to do. If you feel good about the project (positive outcome), and this makes you continue helping the kids (positive outcome), then wow, what more could you ask??

Bottom line, do what you feel is the right thing. I think your mudder idea fits the scenario nicely. Good luck!

AMEN

Old 11-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

well said. my .02 as well.

keep it. she could have raffled it or whatever as well but didnt. they wanted you to have it. enjoy it, honor their wishes. you know what it meant to them, if its raffled off, someone will likely tear it up and not grasp the significance of the raffle or the prize. if she ever sees you again anywhere she will always remember the quad and her husband and that will put a smile on her face. and if you tell her "hey i sold that quad, you know the one you husband loved..." may not go over good and may break her heart.