Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

almost done.. blower kfx

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007 | 01:46 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default almost done.. blower kfx

I am friggen tired!!! I have been leaning over that bike all day...

I will tell you one thing... it has INSTANT throttle response and it smells great. You can feel the pressure coming out of the exhuast, it really feels powerful... Much harder pump than a normal 730.

1) I need to reroute the throttle cable, it's binding...

2) this might be bad news, when I blip the throttle the boost gauge jumped to 10psi... I am no where near full throttle... what's it going to do? 20psi? 25? I might need to redo the inside of the engine after all.

3) it blew a 11.3 at ilde with dynojet 175/180... don't have 2 of the same jet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The fun begins tomorrow after work...

If you listen close you can hear the whine... my pipes are loud... (I don't know why but the sound in my videos is always delayed)

first video

Old 01-01-2007 | 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

can u get a diffrent size pully for that blower to change psi??

Old 01-02-2007 | 12:41 AM
|
Pro Rider

Yea you can change boost with the pulleys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

First ride tonight... it blew a 15psi!! I still haven't reached full throttle!! That means either I get a new pulley to lower the boost or change the engine to handle the power...LOL

Here is the new video... remmeber I can't stay hard on the throttle until the jetting is right.. lean means bye bye motor.... It's got so much low end... it's hard to see after the video got resized but as soon as I try and take off it pops a wheelie... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I tried to get home in time to video during the day but it didn't happen... maybe tomorrow.

first ride video

Old 01-02-2007 | 02:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

wow thats sick, whats the fastest you got it up to?

Old 01-03-2007 | 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok my only question is do you work on other bikes? I would love to beat my husbands Raptor 700 just for fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
I live in vegas as well maybe you can send me to someone reasonableand good.

Old 01-03-2007 | 02:13 AM
|
Pro Rider

I haven't got to full throttle yet, I have to get the jetting right or BOOM!

Tinky only 2 companies makes kits for the V that I know of....

Fundy PowerSports out of canada and Four Stroke Tech in the USA. Both have a website of the same name... as for power they are about the same... fundy takes longer to get you the parts, four stroke tech has a larger selection of kits. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007 | 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Metal Alien
That is one wicked sounding Video. Hope you have access to a Dyno and fuel air ratio meter to get it dialed in. Don't see how on earth you will ever keep the front down and or do full throttle run without an extended wheelie bar.

The reason I said don't plan on turnining left or right is it's going to be very hard to steer with the rear wheels.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Love to see a daylight 100 ft run video of your Beast when you got it dialed in. Keep us updated on your progress

Again simply "AWESOME" Machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2007 | 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

What are you running for exhaust on your V?

I still have a used set of MBRP's from mine, if you're interested. They flow a ton of air and by themselves on mine, they made a lot of top end difference.

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

how much do u have invested in your 700 it a pretty swett bike. where are you going to race it? there are some pretty fast quads at sandmountain NV and i would love to see them get beet down by a kfx.

Old 01-06-2007 | 02:58 AM
|
Pro Rider

I run DMC Aliens and I plan to race at dumont... hopefully I will make an impressive showing.. the bike is about 50lbs heavier than a stocker and I am about 100lbs heavier than most of the people I race.. I am a big gorrilla of a man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Daylight videos tomorrow with the plastic back on.

Quick Reply: almost done.. blower kfx