Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help with jetting my KFX

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with jetting my KFX

Hi,Thanks I think your right.I heard from the 700v guy Kevin that dyno jets were no good,but he has a few people he knows that have the dial a jet on there 700 pararie and they like them.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

Ah I stand corrected I was thinking about dynojets, not dial-a-jet. Dynojets are junk! keep us posted good luck.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer

Hey dude I am in the final process of puttin the dial a jets in and cutting the air box and putting TPI valves in.I have the Muzzy pipe on and it was a breeze to do.Kevin at 700V.com has been a really big help.I am also adding a Dalton clutch kit with the orange and blue spring and a Dalton clutch overdrive cover.So far these mods have been relatively easy to do I am a carpenter so you wrench heads dont laugh.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

Here we go I put the pipe on the Dalton clutch and springs with an over drive pully all that went smooth for a caroenter.The dial a jet and TPI valves in the air box was very difficult and it is still not working right.I have no top end and it backfire through the carbs something awful.Any ideas on where to go from here.I dont think it is getting fuel right like it should.Muzzy exaust sweet sound like a souped up car sound.Not too loud.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

backfires mean lean, Your way to lean right now either try some bigger jets or block some holes

Old 01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

Hi,Thanks you know I almost forgot with it being pretty cold I could have just shut my TPI valves right closed.I will try that tomorrow.Thanks for the advise.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

I have to say you're idea with the TPI valves was rather genius, I've just been useing rubber stoppers to block the ones i dont want open. Use the choke check method to check jetting or if you want to spend some cash get a air/fuel reader. colder will mean leaner so go up around 190 maybe i'de say.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I will have it dialed in this weekend.I messed with it some this afternoon but with the air box mods I am going to have to change main jets.The dial a jet just cant keep up without going up a size or two.The good thing about it is when I get it dialed in with the tpi valves closed I sould be able to open them up in the summer when it is hot and close them for summer when it is cold.I should also be able to change my jetting by using the dial a jet clicking it up or down for summer or winter.I hope it all works out right now all I have is a bunch of backfire no top end and a lot of time installing.LOL Not bad for a carpenter.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

I tell ya what the tie rods you have are fine the 2004 models are the ones that had a problem and kawi fixed them so you are going to be fine well good luck and stay safe and ride it like you stole it!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,Thanks I have now ordered a jet kit so I have an assortment of main jets.I think the dial a jet will be fine but I have to go to a larger main and adjust the pilots some.If any of you have a similiar set up please let me know what your running for your main jets.I have the 12 holes in the top of the air box and a Muzzy exaust.Just wondering around what to run for a main.

Quick Reply: Help with jetting my KFX