Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

need help,what should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2000, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok,,,im posting this in this forum becuase if i put it in the yamaha or polaris forum,,,you know what they will pick
what should i get? a polaris scrambler or a yamaha banshee?

im 15,about 6 feet and baout 175 pounds.....i havent owned a atv or any motor whecicle before

umm,,the riding i will be doing is in small small dunes,trails,,power lines(wide open areas of grass and sand).......

i want to go fast(fast enough to beat my freind kawai lakota 300 and my other freinds 01' 400EX.........but coming close is cool also

so what hsould i get? if any of those arent good then what quad? i rode my freinds lakota and it just wasnt fast enough for me,,i had it wide open and still had plenty of room and wanted to go faster so it must be faster then the lakota.........

i relaly wanted the banshee........and scrambler,,,but i dont like the idea of the no shifting on the polaris,,,,thats one part for me that makes it fun to,,shifting threw all the gears

anyways,,,,what should i do? im not oging to have a millin dollars to buy one,,,,maybe 4G's the most(financing)

ok,,,thanks

Old 12-12-2000, 07:14 PM
D84
Trailblazer

Do you want 4 wheel drive? That is the only reason I'd buy a scrambler (4X4). If you want a 2 wheel drive sport quad the banshee will have better suspension for jumping etc. I'm also looking at these two models, but keep leaning to the scrambler because it's the fastest 4X4 out there. That's the way I see it. Anyone else?

Old 12-12-2000, 08:03 PM
Range Rover

I owned a polaris, while it was nice I really missed shifting. I also did not like not having independent control over the front and rear brakes, the polaris hand brake operates both the front and reat at the same time, that makes it difficult to control going down steep hills, conversly if you get stuck climbing a steep hill, and you are sliding down backwards, you cannot just apply the front brakes. I enjoy shifting a fully manual atv with independent front and rear brake control. I also have not ever needed 4 wheel drive, just adds too much weight. The banshee has been around along time, it is a time tested design, aftermarket performance parts are plentiful. The only drawback to a banshee is that it has no reverse. The banshee is also probably about 150 pounds lighter than the polaris (you can look up the numbers and confirm this for a more accurate value), if you buy the polaris it would be extremely expensive to modify it to shave 150 pounds. The light weight will help acceleration, braking and handling too. I have a mojave but given the choice of polaris or banshee I would choose banshee. Before I spent my money on either I would test drive both and make up your mind based on what you like.

Old 12-12-2000, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

Scramblers are fun. They are kinda all purpose sport machine. If you don,t have to be
the biiggest baddest dude on the hill you might like the scrambler.

Old 12-12-2000, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

nope,,dont need 4x4.....

i think im goona go for the banshee.......majority of the people have said thats what they will do.......

thanks people

Old 12-13-2000, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

njg86 before you do anything go to this link:
http://forums.atvconnection.com/thre...B=1&Tid=179834

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400