Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

need more power from my brute 750i

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need more power from my brute 750i

I'm not sure about the Moose and I've had no experience with them, but I thought I've heard that this device was for low end performance only but I may be wrong about that. I'm sure that somebody on here does know though and can chime in for you.

What the Dynatek does is advance the timing, raises the rev limiter some, eliminates the reverse rev limiter and eliminates the "limp mode" that is triggered by a drive belt diagnostic. There was one Hatfield McCoy trip where a friend of mine with a 650 Prairie went into limp mode deep inside the Pinnacle Creek system. I happened to be carrying my stock ignition system with me, so we unplugged my Dynatek and put it in is Prairie and I put my stock ignition back in mine (a 750 Brute Force) and then he was able to operate his machine in a normal manner as we rode back to the trailhead (another reason it was good to carry the spare ignition system!)...

Old 01-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

the moose module is just for low end the moose cdi is a dynatek with a moose sticker you do not need to rejet with either unit but alot of people get a pop-miss at quarter throttle with dynatek the solution is change the pilot jets from 38 to 42 this will cure the problem not main fuel jets pilot jets are what it runs on at idle through quarter throttle hope this helps

Old 01-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

so your saying the moose and the dynatek do the same thing or the moose is a rebage unit that uses a differnt program than the dynatek.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

I have the moose cdi in my 650i, and it made wonders of improvement! Even with 27" tires it will stand on end from a dead stop. Plus it costs less than the others, so with the money I saved I bought a jet kit. Now I really have to hold on!!

--------------------------------------------
07 Brute Force 650i
2500 pound warn winch
27" Swamp Witches
Moose Ignition, Jet Kit

05 Suzuki Eiger
2500 pound warn winch
HMF exaust
Highlifter Lift kit
Moose Jet kit
27" Outlaws

Old 01-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sell the Brute and buy the Bombardier 800 Twin. That is the ultimate for a motor junkie.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

hey dude they are on e-bay right now for $ 169.00 buy now and shipping is only like 9.00 that is the cheapest i have found them and will probably get one myself. also here is a tech tip Kawi has a jetting issue with the front cyl. contact kawi and get the right jet for the front and ask about the recall on the tie rods . Kawi dealer replaced my rods and ball joints for free and while there they did the jet also for free, Its a rare thing to find a dealer that cares they made the sale for me. Thanks Boone Polaris and Kawasaki. hope this helps you out man

Old 01-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

the guy who I purchased the machine from said something about the jet with the front carb, because I was complaining about the poping soud the bike made so I wrote it off as he was using a low grade fuel, but first thing tueseday I 'll call my local dealer and see about it.

Thanks for the info.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sashton I will never buy a bombardier due to there's not enough dealer around for replacement parts and that's alot of money for a machine and there resale value is low, And I going based on a DS650 a friend of mine owned.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya on that. The Brute 750 is nice. My buddy has one and I like it. I have a Polaris 700. Brute is faster but mine rides smoother and so far seems better in the mud

Old 01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

I'm surprised you can't feel a noticeable difference from your old Grizzly. I have a KFX700 that I've put quite a few bucs into, and I learned alot along the way. Every situation is different but here's what I noticed had the greatest impact. I'll start with the least expensive. CDI box, mine came from FST (Four Stroke Tech) $300.00 there are alot of other good boxes for less. Next, Dalton Performance clutch components (or other ) spring, counter weights, etc... looking at $300.00 + but it really hookes up. Don't want to sound ignorant but do they make duel exhaust for the Brute? If so, get it, V-twin wants to breath. I have HMF but anything that would fit go for it; $425ish; that should come with a UNI filter and jets. A big bang came from the addition of cams. Stock on my KFX I believe was at approximately 154 degrees in duration; Crower Power (Lake Elsinore Ca) reground mine to 254 degrees, plus mild porting. I believe that cost me around $1200.00 (most in labor). But another nice jump in performance. But like most of us addicted to going faster I still needed more. Next for me was more CC, so I took it to 796cc with 11:5 - 1 compression (stock is 9:9-1) don't know what the Brute is at stock. This cost me another $1300.00 most in labor (now if I was a smart guy I would've done it at the same time and save a tone of money). But this also was a nice jump in performance. So you would think I would be done ? Don't recall if the Brute is carb or fuel injected ? So her we go for more, once again Mickey Dunlop from FST offers a Empi (Weber knock off, Dune buggy Carb) for the Kawi V-twin. So that would take me 32/34mm? duel down drafts to 44mm duel down drafts. So of course I bought it ($550.00ish). Now it flat hauls. And for an old man I can now say I'm satisfied. But I hope you can see it's not necesary to waste the money I did. I assure you your V-twin is capable of spanking 95% of what's out there (for the money). If you got friends and some who may be mechanically inclined, buy a couple cases of your favorite, go to your garage and build the beast you want for a third of what I spent. And as always have fun and ride safe !

Quick Reply: need more power from my brute 750i