Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

J-wadds KFX 700 Jetting Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007 | 09:15 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default J-wadds KFX 700 Jetting Thanks

Hi,Everyone who helped and gave advice.
Just want to give an update.First Dont ever buy a Dyno Junk kit and do any kind of mods to the air box.On my KFX 700 I installed a Muzzy pipe I love it nice sound not too loud lots of noticable power.I also took the air box and drilled twelve holes in the top took a dremel and cut out the plastic between the snorkel and the filter I also installed two TPI valves one in the back and one on the front right side.I can slide these open and shut.Most of you know the V twin is an air hog the more air you give it the better it performes.I ended up with a 178 front main jet and a 180 rear main jet..I also have a Dial a jet that runs off the float that goes in the air box and drilled into the velocity stacks on the carbs.These can suck gas when the engine is under load and make a world of difference because I can now open or close some of the fuel off by simply clicking it up or down a series of holes that they have.Now I can turn it up or down about one or two jets sizes right from my air box.I also have the two TPI valves if it gets cold I can close them if it is too hot open them.Anyone who has this set up will notice a big difference in the V.I put a pretty good chunk of aftermarket stuff on but now would stack up pretty good against my Raptor even on the Top end which is where I was lacking from stock.If someone can show me how to add pictures I would be glad to but it says mine are too large.How do I downsize them???

Old 01-27-2007 | 10:55 AM
Range Rover

Glad u got it going,,,,cant help on that pic thing not sure how to do it myself ,,<----,,Not to much of a computer kinda guy,,,But will be waiting to see your pic

Old 01-27-2007 | 07:17 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hi,Just go
Thanks for your help.It is way better.I will be figuring out how to down size these things soon send me your regular email and I will show you the pics of my installation of the dial a jet.Anyone else who would like to see just send me your address I would be glad to show you.It really does work quite well from summer to cold winter I can change right back and forth about two jet sizes up or down.

Old 01-29-2007 | 08:39 AM
Range Rover

Got your email........Nice job