Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2003 Lakota pull choke?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Lakota pull choke?

That is going to happen with the lakotas because the engines are higher up in the frame and more on a slant then on the mojaves. That also happned to mine when i put it all on and i just made sure that the broken casing wasnt rubbing against the throttle cable, put some electrical tape around it and left it like that and was just gonna keep that as a temp solution but left it like that for over a year untill i took my engine out....what i am doing now for a solution is having a throttle cable that is a inch shorter then the one greg sends made up and using a short barrel like what is on the thumb throttle for the top of the carb so it clears everything. If you want to pick one up greg will prob send you one for free......just tell him you want the blaster barrel and have him make you up a shorter cable.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

Excellent! Thank you!... Ill email him right now. Besides that though I can wait to get it all back together!

Phyro

Old 02-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

Got everything installed and put back together.
Problem. wont start. Will turn and turn. But wont start.

I took the plug out and even when choked, the plug was soaked. Im going to get some new plugs. had a good spark.
I removed a large screw out the very verticle bottom of the floatbowl and gas just pured from the float bowl out. it almost empited me tank before it accurd I shoud put it back in cuz the gas wasnt going to stop.

Anythought or info you might have would be great.

Thank you,
Phyro

Edit: Got a new plug. Fired right up. Stalls under full and half throtle in any gear with hesitation. Air/fuel or jetting?

Figgure Ill get it riding for atleast another 20 min before I cheak plug. Previsous plug came out BLACK, charchole looking even. But nothing seemed to hot. So... Any thoughts?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like your going to need to go smaller on the jets....check the plug and post what color it is.....also, what size jets are in it now and what clip is the needle on?

Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

Hayhay. I dint get the carb open yet cuz I fear taking it off again. Dont want to brake that tub again.

Im lookingat the spare jets(Extra in package). they are as follows: 210 230 240. So I would imagin 220 is in the carb. And the back was labled pilot 25. But the extra pilot is a 35 So I was gunna try switching them up. Put the bigger pilot in and see what happens. I still have to cheak the spark plug. Going to see if I can get that done sometime tonight. Will report back when I have more info.

Ow were might I get more jets? Iv bugged greg a bunch, and he has been most pacient. he recommends a try a 20 pilot and cheak plug color after that to ride of the hesitation I got going in 25-100 throtle. Idle and top are fine in between she dies... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Ill get back on the plug and if I find were get more jets?

Phyro

Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like you need to ajust the needle a bit and change up the jetts. I would put the needle at th 2nd clip up from the bottom, 190 main jet and a 30 pilot.......thats how mine is setup except i have the 25 pilot in there and it stumbles when i hit it from an idle because its starving for fuel and the 35 was too big.....i would give that a try and see what happens....if anything i think you are going to have to go smaller then where you are at now, not bigger. You can get jetts at your dealer for around 4 bucks each, just bring one with you so they can match it up

Old 02-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

Ill see if I can get to my dealer tommorw. get that 30 and ill try the 190 main jet. Hear are 2 pics of the plug. maby this will help factor in higher or lower onthe main?

Plug Pic one
Plug Pic Two

Thanks,

Phyro

Old 03-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

Update:

Well Iv tried 23 combinations so far. And they have all failed I should have wrote them down for comparison.

The setting that is working ok for me right now is 25pilot and 220 main with the clip on the the need as far down as it will go (Place one I do believe the clip is on) I messed with air fuel with no luck. And burned my hand bad on the exhaust in a rush. But I still cut out in low to middle. low to 3/4 low to high. Once its moving if I feather the throttle will riding its no problem. But I think this is to much for my girl who will ride it casually and hit the throttle when needed. I think its goign to die on her when he needs it. Any other thoughts? If the quad stalls due to what? Lack of fuel? Or lack of air. The spark plug is black. In all the diffrent jettintgs I tried it black. Dark black

pilot 20 main 190-240 needle tried in all 5 positions cuts out.
pilot 30 main 190-240 needle tried in all 5 positions cuts out
pilot 25 main 190-210 230-240 needle clip in any position. Cuts out
Pilot 25 main 220 needle clip lowest as posible. runs ... ok. still stalls if throtle is hit. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Phyro

Old 03-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

i think you should try a 170 and 180 main jet with the 20, 25 and 30 pilots and see how it works out. You need to remember that the lakota flows alot less then the mojave so the jetting will not be the same or close for the mojo and lakota. I know you must be pissed that you got all those jets and they are worthless but hopefully your dealer didnt totally rip you off pricewise. If i had to start anywhere, i would try the 170 main jet with the 30 pilot and see how things work out. Good luck

Old 03-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

hayhay. Buying the jets dont bother me at all. I would just like to see it running smooth all the way through [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Do you have any suggestions on the needle clip? The lower I put the clip the more mid throtle response I got. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the quick input! If I got to go by a hand full more jets I would...

Whats you altitued. I think IM around 500-600, maby even 700 I know thats not the greatest for accurecy. But. Its close.

Thanks for any additional input.

Phyro

Quick Reply: 2003 Lakota pull choke?