Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I am new to 4- wheeling...HI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am new to 4- wheeling...HI

I am relativley new to 4 wheeling and just picked up a 2002 Lakota Sport, it is a fine 300 but i was just wondering if there was any advice anyone could give me...?

thanks, BREDSOX

Old 04-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Trailblazer

Take your time and learn the bike and always where a helmet and have fun. welcome to the forums be safe

Old 04-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum. Take a look around you will find ton's of great information here. Conratulations on your puchace you are not one of the family.

Mud

Old 04-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

My bad, (Typo) you are NOW one of the family.

Mud

Old 04-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First and foremost be safe and don't try to ride above your abilities. If a little voice in your head says, "Man I don't know." when you look at something then listen to it. People get hurt and killed everyday while riding because they do things they know they shouldn't.

Second, always have fun. Life is to full of other B.S. to take ATVs to seriously.

Third, never be the one to make others outside the ATV world look down on ATVs. Respect the law and other peoples property and opinions, even if they are different than your own. Remember when your riding you represent more than just yourself. Riding land gets closed everyday because of the poor choices of a few.

Other than that enjoy yourself and your Lakota. I hope you grow to love riding and racing as much as I do![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

welcome aboard . ........

Old 04-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

Welcome to the atv world. There are several of us here that have lakotas. It is a great bike to learn on and it has room to grow with you. I think that fastfatboy's comment was wise and accurate (everyone elses too). If you start to want more out of your bike after you really get the feel for it, just type in Lakota in the search in this forum. I learned a ton of stuff from this site-the people here are geniuses (im not even sure I spelled that right). Another bit of usefull information for your bike is that it has a MOJAVE 250 frame/suspension and a Bayou 300 engine with a slightly hotter cam. Hope that helps for the future. Have fun and BE SAFE.
esonnen

Trending Topics

Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

ditto on fastfatboy,s advice! could not have said it better!listen to your inner voice! you will never be sorry.