Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anything one needs to know about the KFX 450 ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anything one needs to know about the KFX 450 ????

Does this machine have any quirks or anything special that a new owner needs to know about????

A buddy of mine just bought one. Frankly I tried to steer him toward the Z400 because I think it's a better fit for him, but he came back from the dealership with the 450 anyway. He has NEVER even ridden a quad, but wanted one because his wife and kids got them. He was supposed to follow along with them in the Jeep, but decided that wasn't going to be as much fun as riding.....

All these high reving, "over square" slipper piston engines have a lot of piston blow-by so the oil gets rapidly contaminated with fuel, so I will advise him to do frequent oil changes and use synthetic oil....anything else???

Old 04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry couldnt help ya RR

did you race him on the 450r??? I wanna see how the kfx stacks up against other 450s in races.

tell him to take it easy, a 450 for his first quad?? LOL hope he's not a madman, he could ruin himself or the quad very easily if hes not careful!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock KFX is really corked up, and because of that it is actually very easy to ride....nothing unexpected happens. The 450R (particularly the 06/07) has a real hit in the middle, kind of like a Banshee...so you better hang on if you punch it!

I am going to insist that he keep it stock until he gets some saddle time in. No doubt this engine has a lot of hop-up potential. It's going to be fun!