Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Need some wheel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some wheel recommendations

I have the bf 650, and I am looking to upgrade my wheels after a little mishap with a caped sewer well. I am running a 25in Itp mud lights on the stock rims f 8x12 r 10x12. I honestly like the size but I am flexible because my tires do have a little patch work on them. I am looking for some kind of recommendations on a set of wheels because most of my searches turn up for the 650i not the 650. So any info or recommendations would be welcomed and folks just a fyi I am a working guy so I do not have 1000s to invest and I do not want to blow my entire budget on just the wheels/tires.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

Also size recommendations.,

Old 04-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what kind of riding you do but I can tell you what I like. For general drag racing I like a completely stock setup. The stockers are very light and you can adjust air pressure for your particular traction requirements. For all around and trail riding I like the Big Horn radials. They are a tough tire that rides and handles well and also provides good traction. For mud I like Swamp Lites. They are aggressive but not overly heavy. Also they have a tread pattern that provides great grip but still allows for some slippage to help you keep from destroying your axels or front differential. If I were doing easy trail riding I would probably stay with 25s. For rocky and very technical trails probably a 26. If your only doing light mud riding then probably also a 26 but if you plan on going though some deep stuff then 27s. I perfer to keep the tire size close to stock because its alot easier on your bike, and repairs can get very expencive very quick. If you decide to go with a larger and heavier tire then you may want to consider a dyna cdi to help compensate for the felt power loss. I like the ITP c series wheels, there are many diffent styles to choose from. They look good and aren't overly heavy or expensive. All this is just my opinion. Happy shopping.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

For wheels, i stuck with good old steel. I ride alot of rough rocky terrain, that ate my buddies aluminum rims right up. If you want aluminum, i would look into the new ss series rims. They carry a lifetime warranty against bends and breaks

Old 04-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with the ITP SS wheels series with the warranty they offer. I like the ITP SS106 best

TK

Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

i would only go up 1 size for 1inch more ground clearance and aluminum rims anything bigger and you might start getting in to belt slip plus the bigger the tire the more weight you have to turn(less power) got some good deals on e-bay i have ams i like them,they are pretty rugged bounced off some pretty big jagged rocks with no damage

Old 04-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Trailblazer

To answer that question I have the 650 sra. I do agree about not going over sized it will decently shorten the life of your tranny I learned that lesson on a jeep I once had. I am a little confused on the sizing, I have been looking at ITP and this may be a really stupid question but why are the rims running 8x12 and the tires run 7x12x25. Now just in my thinking the they would measure the dang things from the inside edge and not the out side and make it a little easier or am I really just a moron.

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought 26" bighorns and the Maxxis 4x4 wheels, the Maxxis wheels also carry a lifetime replacement warranty but they are a little heavier then the ss wheels (that may be good or bad depending on what your looking for), kk

Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a real eye catcher on the trail. You are doing better then I am still trying to figure out the rim and tire with difference. OR wtf is is the stock rim size hight I know wight no clue.