Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 450

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 450

yeah guys but other than that i would have to think the yfz is very fast quad even know i havent ridn one.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 450

well before u start putting down the kfx450 and try to say yfz is better without riding either of them, First off ive rode both and u say that kfx has a hard seat,, ok sit on a yfz (same thing hard) to me they almost feel like the same fourwheeler.. So next time u start talking crap on something how about u ride it first!!

Old 08-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kwalker

well before u start putting down the kfx450 and try to say yfz is better without riding either of them, First off ive rode both and u say that kfx has a hard seat,, ok sit on a yfz (same thing hard) to me they almost feel like the same fourwheeler.. So next time u start talking crap on something how about u ride it first!!</end quote></div>

LOL .... Nice 1st post welcome to the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

Did some tight woods trail riding on the Kawi yesterday. These trails are 50" wide with just enough room to slip it between the trees in a lot of places. Lots of turns and a few hairpins, and rocky and semi techinical in a few spots. Of all the 450 engines, it is the most lugable....but still I had to go faster than was safe if I didn't want to do a lot of clutch slipping. The chassis handles it great, but this is a place for a 400EX (better yet a 300EX!), not a 450.</end quote></div>

Really good post.

I like to do some of the same riding. It's just as fun as the other riding... just in a different way. Trouble is that the trails will often get heavy leaf cover because guys won't ride them.... and finding someone to go with me and stay with me is not easy either... LOL... This one place I only have this one friend that will go with me... on his dirtbike... LOL.

The 300EX / 250X is GREAT for this type of riding. The Mojave 250 and Lakota 300 are not bad either. Lower gearing is good too... top end does not apply.

The EX line is low maintenace and pretty bullet-proof too.

I wonder what the KFX would be like re-geared lower?... dropping a tooth...

Old 09-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

Oh... and those of you saying stuff about te KFX450 looks....

Well, stock... I was right there with you.... shellfish eye headlights, etc...

But I'm telling you... if you think looks are an issue, you have NEVER SEEN WHAT guys have them looking like now.
Wanna talk about a major difference in looks.... wow...
You would not believe how much better they look without the lights... and after a graphics kit and/or accessory fenders... WOW!

Old 09-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Range Rover
Default KFX 450

wow this is quite the discussion, the YFZ 450 is a very good quad, most people just complain that they havent made many drastic changes to it, like fuel injection or reverse, but some say that Yamaha has just been perfecting it over the years so its a good choice, but still, no new surprises there, the new KFX 450 is a very impressive quad from what i hear, its got the lightweight, easy to use reverse, self-adjusting fuel injection to air temperature, altitude change, etc.... all that fancy shmazle, , its definetly a serious competitor, the suzuki lt-r450 has good power potential with the cherry bomb installation of course, comfortable seat, good looks, although it is wide but the main concern is how ridiculously low the rear axle is to the ground, (only 2 inches!!) and thats what set me off buying this quad, it may have the fuel injection but i think that its not worth the bread, (I'd destroy the chain and guards within no time!), but in the end it all depends what riding you go for, if i was you guys i'd pay attention to the new can-am ds450 or the new ktm 450 too, i'm actually buying a ds650, but thats far from the point, but any of them are a good choice, it just depends how you ride, just dont buy anything without test-driving it first and you'll be fine!!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

Rocker_Ace,

That's one bad DS650 you have pictured there.
I've never seen one like that.

I too am surprised by the lack of talk about the DS450 and the KTM 450 & 525.
But if you go over to the can-am section and reference my thread over there, you'll understand why that crowd isn't talking it up.
It's hard to get can-am fans (that are doing extreme upgrades, etc) excited over a 450.... as they could care less...

Old 09-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX 450

I have a KFX450r and I have trail rode it, MX'd it, and rodeo'd it. I love it, except for the hard seat. I did put some razrs on it though, I didn't like the way the stock ones handled. If you are trying to decide between them all, You have to be the one to take each for a spin and see which you are most comfortable on.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Default KFX 450

I personally think the KFX450 looks sweet. I have heard it has tons of power and handles pretty well. The only seriously bad thing that I have heard about on these machines is that the welded aluminum frame can break with fairly hard riding.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Range Rover
Default KFX 450

well it is true that heated aluminum is weaker,but i'm pretty sure they designed the frame to be more rigid, the only bad thing i've heard about the KFX 450 is that the seat is rock hard and it has wondering steering because the steering is very light, i like the whole wondering chassis idea though, if it makes you feel like you're going faster then thats a good thing,because its all about having fun, after all