Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave 110 valve timing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojave 110 valve timing

Does anyone know how to set the valve timing on a Mojave 110? i can't seem to find the marks that i need to line up.
Thanks for any help!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Range Rover

I have a Mojave 110 factory service manual at home. I'll check it over lunch and get back with you. If I remember correctly, there is a mark on the head near the top of the cam sprocket cover opening and also one on the cam sprocket. I'll have to let you know for sure. I'll also check which flywheel mark needs to line up with the plug opening.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Range Rover

Yep, mark on the head near the top of the cam sprocket cover aligns with the mark on the cam sprocket. Also, the notch inside the flywheel plug (towards the inside) aligns with the "T" mark on the flywheel. Keep the front section of the chain tight while you release the cam chain tensioner on the rear section of the chain. Double check your marks after releasing the tensioner and rotating the crankshaft two revolutions (one cam revolution).

Hope that helps.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

ok that helped alot i got the valve timing set right. thanks but now i am still having a problem it sputters and spits out the intake and has no power. if anybody has any sugestions about this please help. and alisonsandmindysdad if you don't mind i would appreciate if you could look up the float height for me becasue i do not have a manual.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Range Rover

There is a manual here on Ebay if you're interested http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...8QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I left mine at work so I won't be able to give you a float spec 'til tomorrow (thurs). Does it have a good spark and a new plug? How 'bout the spark plug boot/connector? Is it rusted? Does it run better if you pull the choke out a little? Does it run ok at higher rpm and bad at idle? If it's been sitting I was wondering if the pilot jet is plugged. Be more specific about higher vs. lower rpm, etc.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

Well it has great sprak and the carb is perfectly clean. It sputters and backfires out the intake at all rpms but gets worse as you give it gas and it will not idle unless you fake it with the throttle and it has no power at all. It will not run better if the choke is pulled it runs a little worse. I think it seems like it is running very rich. I have worked on many atvs/dirtbikes/snowmobiles/motorcycles and this is the only one that has stumped me so I am open to any ideas! Thanks so much for the help!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Range Rover

alisonsandmindysdad I thank you so much for looking stuff up for me your great but while your in the manual if you could also see if there are measurements for the camshaft listed I would really appreciate it! thanks again.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

Service manual says 20mm +/- 2mm for the float...float contacting needle pin, but "unloaded".

Is the camshaft good?
Cam chain not stretched too much?
Good compression?

My boys Bayou 220 ran that way when we got it (very similar engine design) and the cam had a flat lobe. I rebuilt the entire engine and it runs like a champ now.

Good luck

Old 07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

thanks for the float height spec. I have not looked that closely at the cam but when I was going to take it out I was hoping to measure it to comfirm that it was bad. Could you see the flat spot eaisly? also it has a new topend and has about 120psi compression and the cam chain is in great shape so I am thinking it is the cam but I have not had the time yet to comfirm it. Thanks for the help and the ideas I am willing to try anything here...

Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

hey alisonsandmindysdad I took the cam out and it is definatly shot and so are the rockers so I will be ordering parts tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes from there. Thanks for all the help!

Quick Reply: Mojave 110 valve timing