Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

need help bad i messed up

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help bad i messed up

hey guys i have a 05 650 brute and i floated it in the river today and i need some advice. should i just take it to the dealership without doing anything to it one guy told me to go ahead and drain all the fluids and plugs and try to crank it but i dont want to do any harm. it floated it about 6ft of water and yes the oil is now milk any advice on what stpes to take now will be appreciated greatly

Old 07-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help bad i messed up

Basically buy lots of oil (cheap stuff should be OK for flushing out), and a bottle of diff oil (if it's milky).
Put it on end and make sure there is no water in the exhaust or air box. Set it back down on all four wheels.Remove plugs and clear any water out of the cylinders by cranking it over.

Air box & Filter: clean and dry filter. air box, and any intake tubes. Carbs may need cleaning too.

Belt: Drain and clean any water or residue from housing.

Diffs: Drain and refill diffs if milky. water will collect at bottom of diffs, so you may be able to drain some out and top them off a few times over the course of a few rides to draw out as much moisture as possible before a full fluid change-over.

Motor Oil: Drain, fill, run motor for a short time, repeat until oil is no longer milky. Fill with good stuff and new filter.
Oil will keep sucking moisture out of the motor, so keep checking it, and the diffs for a few rides.