Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Should I get the 08 Brute force 750i?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get the 08 Brute force 750i?

I'm looking to get an 08 brute force. Should I wait and see if any bugs show, or just go for it? Does anyone have one yet? If so have you had any problems?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

I, personally, went with the 07 brute even tho the 08s were sitting there to just because I didnt want any issuses with the new FI

Old 09-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

Well I took a dive and got the black 08. I did not get to drive it much because it was raining. I hope to get a good ride in soon and give you my take on it.

I just think that FI is not a new invention so there shouldn't be any problems. The dealer did tell me I had to wait 5 sec once I turn the key on before I can start it, so the FI can kick in or something. I thought that was odd, but this is my first FI atv.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

any newer vehicle has FI and you should wait 3-5 seconds to start once the key is on so the fuel pump can prime the lines or else the injectors will stave breifly.

Im a die-hard old school carburetor guy so my opinion is very one sided lol. I know how to dial in a carburetor to out preform a FI vehicle. doesnt matter if its an atv or my 69 'dz' code z28 hehe

Old 10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Wait 5 seconds to start an EFI engine?
I started up dead cold '08 EFI 750 BFs, all three at a deaeler, without waiting at all no problem. I told a salesman that I am interested in buying one. And I told him that I was hesitant because I heard someone saying I have to wait a few seconds before pushing the START button after turning the key on. I asked him if we could test. He said no problem. He had 3 new 750s at the shop and they all started without any hesitation. It wasn't instant but they all started up less than a second of cranking. And they were cold - first time being started that day.
Yes, it does make a sense that the electric fuel pump has to pressurize the fuel line, but waiting 3~5 seconds is way too long. It doesn't hurt to wait but why wait that long when you don't have to? I have several EFI toys like boat, bike, cars, and truck and I don't have to wait that long on any of them. Just turn on the key and crank - they all start within a second of cranking. The only engine that I have to wait and crank for several seconds is my 1974 Ford 3-cyl diesel tractor with glow plugs - and that's only when it is cold.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

Well I was able to ride it between rain showers and all I have to say is WOW! I did not think there would be much of a difference between the p700 and the 750. Well I was wrong. I really like the IRS it makes for a much smoother ride. I thought it handled really well around corners, not tippy at all. With my Prairie it felt like I was sitting on top of it and with the brute I feel like I'm in it. I didn't get to test it much because I'm in the break in period, but man it has some torque. One thing I noticed was the throttle response was a lot better with the EFI Brute.

I just hope it is as reliable as my Prairie was.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awsome man, Im glad you like the new brute. The new 08s have some awsome reviesions to them

Hayashi, is the few second lag that big of deal. I always thought you were supposed to wait a second anyways. Every time i have started an efi motorcycle or atv, i turn the key, here a buzzing sound, its stops then i fire it up. Would that keep you from buying it just out of curiosity?

Old 10-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guy- I haven't been on the forums in awhile; moved and all. Being in the market for a Brute I'm all for the FI but my reservation would be if it sat for awhile and the gas gumme up. how big a deal is it to clean out the injectors...............
Thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

A lot easier than the carb in my case. Typically a carb has "more: and "smaller" fuel passages than the FI system. And it is a PIA to disassemble a carb on a brute. I have had a great success cleaning injectors with Techron, mixing in the fuel tank. I have an EFI boat that's used once or twice a year but no problem when Techron is mixed in the fuel tank.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had the new 08 brute force 750 for about 2 months and you dont have to wait at all to crank once you turn the key. If you do want to wait for the prime to stop it only hums for a sec. I love the machine and have tested very well in some mud and on the trails. It will also give the racing atv a run for there money.

Quick Reply: Should I get the 08 Brute force 750i?