Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Advice... Moose module & Upgraded rims?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Os
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Advice... Moose module & Upgraded rims?

A little advice in 2 areas needed;

Moose Power Module. From what I've read here, CDI's will yield the most performance gains.

Ahhh, but I've got older and slowed down a bit. Don't get me wrong, I still like to carry the front wheels with the thumb throttle, but squeezing all the wrist yanking torque from my new 2007 BF 650 SRA the whole way through the powerband isn't a must do.

I've read they really help in acceleration, but only up to about 7 mph. No real help beyond the initial hit from there, but is said to get out of the hole much quicker. My machine feels sluggish off the bottom... soOoOoOooooo

If that's the case, does anyone have a good used module for sale... say, after removing it to install a young man fire breathing CDI box? I'm really thinking I'd like to try it. I'm hoping for words of wisdom from the Moose module users, past / present.

I don't wanna tweak / jet / or play USB power commander pilot. Just plug in and go please.

Ok... part 2: Advice in the wheel department... more specifically, rims. The stock rims are, well, IMHO, not so rugged. I've rolled a bead just puttin' around on basic trails, which is certainly not what I need 20 + miles from the truck in poor terrain.

Remeber now, I'm older than 18, so no bling is required... just a good strong rim that can bang off an occassional stump / rock / root ridden trail without folding a bead. I'm thinking aluminum would be the ticket, but I'm open to suggestions from those in da know. Thanks a obscene amount! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, the module is a great investment, for $100. It is a great add on. The vtwin has almost no timming in the engine on take off. This box gives full timming all the time. If you want to pull the wheels it will with almost no effort. Great addition.

As for the wheels, forget the alloy.. Just get a black steel wheel. they are strong and cheap. you can pick up black steal wheels for about $30 to $40. They dont really weigh that much more than an alloy wheel and they and alot stronger. I am the shop manager for an atv shop in houston texas and we ride really hard and go deep all the time. We all run steel wheels with 28" or 29.5" outlaws with steel wheels. we dont have any problems with the steel wheels, but have broken many alloy wheels. But thats just my $.02

Old 10-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steel wheels are cheaper, have used them in the past. For the Last 7 years I have been using the Alloy ITP Wheels, no problems with them at all & I ride all types of terrain but I don't use the Taller/heavier tire like in the 28"-30" tire size, so maybe that makes the difference.
Check here and a few other ATV forums, you should be able to find a Used MOOSE Module for around $50 bucks or so, I like my MOOSE on my BF750, gives me that extra kick up to 7 mph.