Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

TIE ROD ? & MORE

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIE ROD ? & MORE

hey everyone, picked up my 2k7 kfx 700 this past saturday.what a great machine.did a search on this site , v700.com & kawieriders.com.here is my ? everyone says to replace the stock tie rods & ends with the honda 400ex.no problem, no one states from what year 400ex.r they all the same ? will probably order mine from daimondg racing. but just in case i need to know what years.also.does anyone have any pics of the 12 hole mod ? where to get a new cut out hood ? pic of where the wire is under the seat that will short out & blow the 30 amp fuse ? sorry for all the questions.just dont want any problems when we take it out.thanx everyone

Old 12-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIE ROD ? & MORE

I don't get on here much, so this is very delayed,....but anyway. I have heard of too many front spindles breaking, so I will always run the stock tie rods. If you "beef-up" the tie rods, the next weakest link will break, on a hard angled impact. I believe that would be the spindles. I have bent one tie rod already, but that is alot cheaper than a spindle, plus I could still ride the quad, after I took it off and straightened it back as good as I could, until I could get it replaced