Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any reviews for the 2008 Brute Force?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any reviews for the 2008 Brute Force?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: macula

First off, I'm amazed at the lack of professional/magazine reviews on the new 08 bf 750 efi. I went from an '06 bf 750 with a moose module to the '08 with same size tires. Power: '06 had more instant throttle response but the efi surpasses the carbed machines power fairly quickly (within .5-1 second). The EFI does have a barely perceptible amount of low end lag, but nothing like the lag on the king-quad. Kawasaki's engineers did a good job of producing a safe throttle response map that allows an aggressive rider to wheelie on demand. Mid-range is where the EFI comes alive. Top end - I don't really care but pretty close. Suspension: Still fairly stiff but improved. For those of you who are auto enthusiasts, I would compare it to a BMW (vs a cadillac ride of a polaris). You can feel the smaller bumps more but overall you feel more connected to the terrain. The '06 was similar but the '08 rides slightly better and steers much easier. I personally like the sport suspension feel of the kawasaki. This is compared to the Polaris, king-quad, and bomb 800 which I've ridden for comparison but I started on a brute and it really comes down to what you are used to. Overall, I'm happy I made the change to the easy starting efi since I live in a cold climate.</end quote></div>

I put some radial Terra Cross tires on my '08 BF750i, and it reduces some of the harshness of the smaller bumps, and improves the overall ride in almost every area. I'm also hooked on the EFI. I live at 9500 feet in the CO mountains,and it is nice to go out when it is 0 degrees, and have my atv start right up... I honestly cannot say enough about my BF. It has done everything I asked of it and then some... I'm looking to possibly get a plow to compliment my truck plow.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any reviews for the 2008 Brute Force?

My regulator rectifier was bad. It was sending out 20 volts and it was wreaking havoc on my electrical system including the battery. The dealership in Goldsboro quickly replaced the bad component after thoroughly checking to make sure nothing else was damaged and I was on my way. They did not initially replace the battery but when I returned home I noticed the battery was weak and I have one waiting for me at the dealership after a quick phone call back to Fun Products. It was more than likely an isolated incident. Otherwise I am extremely pleased with the 08 Brute. I had an 05 and the suspension differences alone are enough of a reason to trade up. I ran across a website that gave horsepower ratings for all the flagship atvs. It said the Carb version had about .5 horsepower over the EFI version. THis may be true but the bottom and midrange of the 08 makes up the difference.