Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any reviews for the 2008 Brute Force?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any reviews for the 2008 Brute Force?

Any reviews out yet for the new brute force? I know the harsh suspension and tippyness were complaints with the old one, have these really been fixed with the new one?

Thanks

Old 11-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the harsh suspension is History on the '08BF750. I drove one, very improved & needed. That said, I would still put a set of the aftermarket Shocks on, mainly b/c they really improve the ride even better but also improve in the other duties that the Shock does.I am a aggressive rider at times, so I really can push the stock shocks, this is where the Aftermarket units shine, when riding hard & fast. Steering is super on the '08 750 too. I didn't feel any tippyness either, I think that is b/c the '08 shocks havebeen improved that much over the other years. The thumb throttle has a light feel to it, no more sore thumbs on those long mile rides.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

i've got one, the suspension still sucks, the steering is great, but the suspension isn't nearly as good as the likes of the polaris....

i ordered a set of Elka's for my new brute, even though the suspension is way better than previous years, its still not up to what i need it for...

Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've got one as well. I think it does pretty good. I usually keep the spring preload as soft as possible. Doesn't feel "tippy" to me. Power is awesome. Steering is good. I just ordered some ITP Terra Cross tires in the stock sizes, and will update as soon as I get to use them.

~Troy

Old 12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyoe know if the 05-07 wheel hubs will fit on the 08 Brute?

Old 12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is possible to swap the hubs from the '06 (and I assume 05/07) over to the '08 BF750. I had the dealer do it at no charge. FYI it is also possible to swap the front clip (bumper, headlights etc) for those of you who prefer the old look or don't want to buy a new winch mounting plate necessary on the '08. I did it myself no problem and it all fits perfectly assuming your old stuff is straight. Personally I like the old look better. The '08 front end also sticks out farther decreasing the approach angle so the mounts for the front skid plate take more of a beating.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a little over 50 miles on my 08 Brute. Today I was riding with some friends of mine when we noticed a whistling sound coming from mine. It was my battery it was steaming hot. I called the dealership and they said not to ride it and bring it in asap. It was more than likely the transformer rectifier. Not too happy about this but at least it is under warranty. Have any of you had or heard of this problem on the 08?

Old 12-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

I thought I heard something like this 2 rides ago, but it was very brief and I have not heard it again. Please keep us posted on the issue.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

First off, I'm amazed at the lack of professional/magazine reviews on the new 08 bf 750 efi. I went from an '06 bf 750 with a moose module to the '08 with same size tires. Power: '06 had more instant throttle response but the efi surpasses the carbed machines power fairly quickly (within .5-1 second). The EFI does have a barely perceptible amount of low end lag, but nothing like the lag on the king-quad. Kawasaki's engineers did a good job of producing a safe throttle response map that allows an aggressive rider to wheelie on demand. Mid-range is where the EFI comes alive. Top end - I don't really care but pretty close. Suspension: Still fairly stiff but improved. For those of you who are auto enthusiasts, I would compare it to a BMW (vs a cadillac ride of a polaris). You can feel the smaller bumps more but overall you feel more connected to the terrain. The '06 was similar but the '08 rides slightly better and steers much easier. I personally like the sport suspension feel of the kawasaki. This is compared to the Polaris, king-quad, and bomb 800 which I've ridden for comparison but I started on a brute and it really comes down to what you are used to. Overall, I'm happy I made the change to the easy starting efi since I live in a cold climate.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No reviews here- it just looks too Ploitically Correct for me........

Quick Reply: Any reviews for the 2008 Brute Force?