Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 450 owners Please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 450 owners Please help

Okay everyone, I'm a complicated person lol so I'll try to make this as simple as I can. I have an 06 raptor 700. I'm only about 5'6" and about 150 pounds. I love the hell out of it but it's long, big, heavy, and hard for me to use my body to whip it around and all.

I'm the kind of person who loves power, loves to ride hard and as fast as I can even though I'm mostly trails. I also like to hit jumps, doubles, tabletops singles, you name it. I'm not the greatest but I'd like to get better at jumping and all.
In the summer, I started going to this track. I signed papers and joined it. Well, I started off jumping a double that was downhill and small to get used to the feeling. Then I jumped another double with a flat landing. Or it may have been a single that was tall, with the landing being the same height as the top of it. I got comfortable with that and was starting to get used to jumping. I was pushing myself further. I got confident. Well, to put it short I ended up hitting a whoops section wrong and it bucked me right off and over the handlebars and the fourwheeler hit me. I feel that the length of the 700 and weight is what caused me to not keep it under control cuz i had skipped through there several times with not much of a problem. I threw my *** back at what seemed to be the right time but I feel I was too small and light to keep it down. I'm thinking about a KFX 450. I'm selling my raptor to a friend of mine who is taller and heavier. I just want info.

I like the idea of a 450 cuz still plenty of power. Kfx is the only one with reverse AND fuel injection. Also have heard it's geared more low and could suit trails. I just want to know if this is a wise idea. The raptor beat the hell outta me, though the power kept me from giving up. I just need something lighter, nimble, and not a great power loss. Thanks to anyone who has the patience to read this and give me some input.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 450 owners Please help

Mathias

Sounds like your Yamaha suspension was set up too stiff for your weight. I have ridden the 450 Kaw...it is light and real easy to get the front end to come up. I weigh around 200 lbs. The 450 is lighter so it may suit better for your weight....however suspension adjustment will be needed in order to take advantage of the riding style you have.