Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lets Spin One, What is your tire of choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets Spin One, What is your tire of choice?

Never cared for their tires(personal preference). The wheels just don't stay clean for me. I have a set of douglas wheels and a set of maxxis wheels and they are much easier to take care of. Like I said, I might be just me, but that's my experience. I have heard the same from a few other people. Some others seem to have no problems. Maybe they didn't have them long enough, I don't know. I just figure for the same price why not have something easier to take care of.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

ITP products are locally avliabile and a lot of folks I know use the Mudlite XL. If I had a Brute, and I was more concerned with ride and stability than speed, I could turn the heavier tire with ease. I like the look of the XTR (have seen it at a couple of rallies) and those using it really liked it.

An all purpose tire that will be good on the trails but also handle mud and snow. Basically what most folks want ......... but I am familir with ITP and they seem to produce good results.

however whether XTR's or bighorns the question gets down to, if I were to get a new bike (and with the market tanking lately that decision might be only a distant dream), would I have to also upgrade the wheels to get the best out of the tires or are new wheels mainly a cosmetic thing? While on that topic does anyone have any input on spacers for a slightly wider stance and does that add to stability? I have not spent anytime on a bike that does not have stockers and find it a little tippy on agressive turns etc. ---- however I have been told that good six ply tires alone would make a world of diference.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer

I have really liked the ITP 589 for offroading. On pavement and hard ground they can be rough though. They are very tough and seem like they will last as long as the bike if they keep holding up as well as they have.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

still running the stock tires on my kfx but ive got ITP mudlites on the foreman and i love them. gators are also an excellent tire.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

My buddy has AT 589's. They work great in the mud and he doesnt have any problems on pavement.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

was thinking about a set of 589's for my stock rims for our mudding expeditions. They do look heavy for road use.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

589's are way to heavy.....you definately take a power loss with these tires. The best all around tire in my opinion is definately the xtr's. They handle great, do good in the mud, and are good on dry land. They are also a radial tire which wears a lot better compared to the rest. I have mudlite xl's now and they are ok but they dont wear very good.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

What do you guys think? Are radials worth the money over bias tires? Why or why not?

Old 01-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

stock 25 in big horns on my 05.great tire ..26in itp on the 07 ...the big horns rock ..also have a set of 26in big horns....just for mud

Old 01-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Trailblazer

maxxis mudzilla's for the soft stuff.

Quick Reply: Lets Spin One, What is your tire of choice?