Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lets Spin One, What is your tire of choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets Spin One, What is your tire of choice?

The more I look, the more I read, its tires, tires, tires...

Was wondering form a user stand point, how everybody feels about their tires. What do you have, what have you seen used and what do you think performs the best on your 4x4 ATV.

For instance, the Kawa' stockers suck. I love the Mudlites XL's I have.
Polaris has, probably about the best stock tires in the business (from my experiences).

Old 01-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer

Mud Lites are my choice. The only other tires I had were the Kawasaki stockers, and I agree with you, they suck.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I have Outlaw MST and a set of Bighorns. Each are great in their own way. I use the MST's in the wet season and the Bighorns in the dry time.

The only other tire I would try out right now would be the new Maxxis Zilla. They look like a great tire.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The swamplites aint a bad tire. I have them on my bayou and my bud has them on his 700 KQ. Neither one of us has ever been stuck except when the frame is sitting on the ground with the wheels spinning throwing mud. It doesnt matter what kinda tire you have in that situation,,, you're not gonna move! LOL

I also like the way swamplite handle on regular dry dirt too. And on rocks. The only downside is they aren't true mudding tires, they will cake up. But true mudding tires that dont cake up kinda suck everywhere but the mud, so its a trade off depending on what you really want to be good at. Just like slicks rule on pavement, but suck everywhere else.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't had much experience with tires as this Prairie is my first 4x4. But I'm fixin' to go with some Kenda Pathfinders.........

Old 01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Again, I love my mudlites xl's.
I think someetimes I'd like a set of Terracross for the various types of riding we do.
We hit mud, rock, lots of sandy like area too, as we ride around mining and quarry like mountains.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer

I have been thinking about upgrading to the 650i and if so one of my first ugrades would be tires (yes the stockers are a no go)as I would want a larger six ply tire for traction and stability. Have been thinking of the 26 inch itp xtr's. Anyone have any experience with these and could they fit on the stock wheels? If they could fit on the stock wheels what would be any benefit (if any) of upgrading the wheels?

Sorry for the questions but am just starting to research this and had some questions......

Old 01-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

The xtr's made the brute 750 handle much better, dont have many miles on them yet but already noticed how much better it handles and digs

Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

The benefit to upgrading the wheels is a better stance and better handling. Aside from the obvious that they look better and you can easily change back to stock for a race.

I can't comment on xtr's because I have never had them. I can just say I am not happy from my past experiences with ITP products. Others seem to be happy though.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

[said curiously] What did you not like about ITP product?

Quick Reply: Lets Spin One, What is your tire of choice?