Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Winch

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch

I Was Wonderin What Kind Of Winches Yall Use, Also How Hard Is It To Install One Will It Be Simple Or Is Something For Somebody That Knows How.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Winch

In my opinion this is one area you don't want to go cheep in or you will be sorry. Esp if you are going to use it allot. Stick w/ brand names like Warn or Ramsey and you wont regret it!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Winch

He is right, stick with a good brand of winch. I have seen cheap winches that won't even pull out the quad they are on. I have a warn 2000 on my prairie, and it has always pulled me out. I have probably used it on over 100 recoveries and put it underwater so many times I can't remember, and it has always been reliable for me. Not too bad to wire up if you want to do it yourself. For peak life, take the winch apart every couple years and clean and regrease the gears and internals, or she will start to scream bloody murder when you use it, if you don't run it through a lot of water, regreasing it is not as big of a deal. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON THE WINCH.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Winch

I just installed 2 Viper Max's from www.motoalliance.com for my 06 BF and a friends 06 Rancher and for the price, including a mounting bracket, they can't be beat. Have not used them yet, so I'm not sure about the durability, but the quality of the the wiring, switch, etc... is great. It's no Warn, but for $125.00 for a 3000 lb winch, plate, wiring, 2 switches, etc.... you can't really go wrong. And if the winch turns out to be crap, I'll get a Warn and just mount it on and I'll still be ahead of the game.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Winch

Were Do U All Get Ur Stuff For Ur Forwheelers Is There A Website Thats Pretty Cheap Out There

Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Winch

Cabelas carries the the warn rt2500 winch for $325 and you should be able to get a mount plate for about $55-$75. This is the cheapest place that I've seen the warn. I'm with everyone else, I bought a cheep winch and it didn't last 4 month's. So then i upgraded and haven't had any problems since, now 4 years later. The warn 2500 pulls my 600lb Brute (plus my 225lbs) out of anything that I've come across.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winch

my first quad had a Super Winch 2500 already installed on my old 86' Honda TRX350FM Foreman 4x4 , i had the only quad with a winch so i had to pull myself and everyone i rode with out with they got stuck ; and it never let us down but it cost more than a Warn !

That was a 2500 lb. SuperWinch with a Custom Winch plate welded to the bumper just under the front rack of the Foreman , i have a cheap winch i bought from Harbor Freight in Chattanooga on my AC 400 FIS 400 Auto it's over a year old and still work's like new ; i like the long remote control better than the hand twist controler at the handle bars i don't know if this winch will last as long as the SuperWinch has i really doubt it !

I paid $49,95 + TN tax i bought it to use on the pull trailer , but someone stole the trailer before i could install the Winch ; i guess i should be thankfull i didn't put the Winch on the trailer i bought a roller flairhead from my AC Dealer and it was a perfect fit on the cat !

If this cheap one goes out i'll buy a Warn as the replacement , i checked out the 3 top Winch's on the market ; Ramsey , Warn and SuperWinch and i was surprized to see the SuperWinch cost more than the Warn !.........

Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Winch

ive seen a bunch of winchs on ebay like xtreme, gorilla,venom, are those brands any good the price is pretty cheap, has any body body tryed those

Old 04-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Winch

I have 4 superwinches and 1 gorilla. Can't say anything bad about either. They pull strong. Had most of them for almost 10 yrs and they've all seen very tough times! Only had the gorilla for a little while though, but it seems to be working just fine. I use it on my trailer to dump 1000lb+ loads of dirt, so it will get 10 yrs worth of use in a month since I'm building a foundation and diggin a pond. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Btw, Hi Williebee! How you been?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winch

Hey JustRandy i just got out of the Hospital , i spent 2 day's in ICU and 1 day in a regular room ; they thought i had a stroke but it turned out to be withdrawal from my medication made me lose it i didn't know who i was for 2 day's !

After they put me back on the medication i came out of it , i spent my birthday in ICU April 15th , got out the 16th i hope everything has been good for you and family ; and that goes for everyone one the forums !

And by the way i bought my 86' Honda TRX350 Foreman 18 yrs. and the SuperWinch was on it when i bought it from the original owner when it had just a little over 20 hrs. on it , i sold it to my youngest brother Nov. 2005 it had a ground short when i sold it ; my brother removed the ground wire and cleaned the frame and it worked like new again !.......

Quick Reply: Winch