Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Information

Just sold my Arcticcat and buying a new atv this week. Looking at Brute force 650i/750i and Kingquad 700/750. Not real concenred about which has the most power but which bike is most reliable. On the Brute force I heard you need to shim the clutch every 100 hours or so, is this true and is this hard to do. Not much of a mechanic. The trails I ride consist of hills and some fairly deep creek crossings. Sold Arcticcat for water kept getting into the air box, poor design in my oppinion, although some will argue that point. I love the looks of the Bruteforce, can get the 650i for 6,000 OTD and 750i for 6,600OTD. Kingquad 6,800 OTD so for 800 dollars, t can get tires and winch and still have money in my pocket. Is there a problem with Kawasaki air intakes. I have read in places that there are, but can't believe everything you hear. Sorry if this type of topic has been posted before. Any information will be appreciated!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bugmud

Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I love my 650. My advice, stay away from the fuel injected models. I ride some pretty deep (up to the racks) water and have yet to have any problems there... (knock on wood) I've got about 150 hours on mine and haven't had to do any clutch work, Have replaced one belt at about 115 hours (self induced)

LOVE my 650, in fact will be getting another when the boys get a bit older, so long as the design remains the same. Go look at a few, compare and then decide. Don't get wow'ed by the bigger 750 though, Mine hangs very nicely with my buddies 750, and another guys 700 prarie.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The belt lite will need resetting after the 100 hr mark, very easy to do & the reset plug is included w/the BF's. I have never had any problems w/my clutching.
I don't ride in mud or water so I can't say anything on that.
But I have had two of the Carb Brute 750s & now this FI 750, don't knock the FI Brute till you have owned one, I will Never Go back to a Carb Brute Again or any carb ATV. The '08BF750 is a excellent powerhouse, better stock shocks than ever before, better seat & the handling has really improved, throw in the FI & it is a "Winner".

Old 07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bfb750BF

The belt lite will need resetting after the 100 hr mark, very easy to do & the reset plug is included w/the BF's. I have never had any problems w/my clutching.

I don't ride in mud or water so I can't say anything on that.

But I have had two of the Carb Brute 750s & now this FI 750, don't knock the FI Brute till you have owned one, I will Never Go back to a Carb Brute Again or any carb ATV. The '08BF750 is a excellent powerhouse, better stock shocks than ever before, better seat & the handling has really improved, throw in the FI & it is a "Winner".</end quote></div>

Wasn't Knocking per say, Just my experience with a ridin buddies. He has failed to complete a weekend ride with us thus far this summer or near the end of last summer. There are just a few design diffs that me personally I don't care for. He's had his quad to the dealer some 3 or 4 times. Still stalls, won't idle, and forget crossing water of any depth at all. Drowned out.

I agree, they have the power (That I've seen/ridden) when his quad is operating properly.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I have been thru plenty of deep water up near the racks, I have had it burried in mud and water 30 min before I could get winched out. And have never had problems with water in the intake. I have about 100 hours on mine at the moment and no clutch issues as of yet.

I have ZERO experiance with the kingquad so no input on that. I just know I love my brute and will more than likely buy another someday unless they change something for the worse.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I have to be honest I am a little nervous on buying my next atv for don't want know supprises. I will be buying one tomorrow so I will let everyone know. If I buy a kawasaki I will probably get the 650i. Just for the price difference and from my research I dont know that there is much difference between the 650/750. Rode a Grizzly 660 today (2005) model and was not impressed with the power or the handling. Gonna sit on all the big bores and see what fits me best. I will keep you posted.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only difference btw the two is one is FI & the one isn't & the overall power output, which is closer between the Carb models.
The '09 Brutes have no big changes either, other than Decals/Colors, so get a '08 & save the Bucks, as the '09 have a price hike.
I don't ride water/mud but as far as stalling,idling problems I have had Zero on my FI Brute & neither has my friend w/his '08BF750.
Most Brute owners will snorkel their Brutes for Deep water crossings, which may be easier to do w/a Carb(s) unit.