Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Coil spring/shock adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spring/shock adjustment

Any suggestions? Should I mess with it or does it not really efect it much.

Seems to have too much body roll when turning tight (or when trying donuts.....lol) . At lowest setting now.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way to fix it is with aftermarket Shocks.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

Suggestions?

It only has 400 miles on it!! Just the OEM's are crap and is that just the way it drives?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best upgrade you can do if you like riding fast & powersliding is to install a set of Aftermarket shocks.
You will not believe the improvement, like comparing night to day.
You can go with just the basic WORKS as a example to help keep the overlay of monies down but you still are looking at $625 for a pair. You don't have to buy all 4 shocks at once either, buy the frts 1st then later get the rears or vise verse. Best to order the WORKS diredtly from WORKS, as they will be built to your needs.
I've been using the same WORKS Steeler AT's dual rate shocks on my last 3 Brute 750s & before I even rode my '08 750, I switched out the shocks.
I can ride as fast as I care to go, no body roll of any kind, complete control at all times, the WORKS take the beating, not me.
The other huge improvement is to install a Steering Stabilizer, very easy to install, this will tighten up the steering in the fast tight trails & Bump Steer is no longer a issue, as Bump Steer no longer exist. A Steering stabilizer also helps the wandering of your atv, my BF750 w/the Gibson 7 way stabilizer installed tracks straight as a arrow on gravel/dirt roads vs w/the wandering it did before. Plus you can adjust the stabilizer to the area u are riding, make it firmer or make the steering lighter, the choice is yours.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bfb750BF

The best upgrade you can do if you like riding fast & powersliding is to install a set of Aftermarket shocks.

You will not believe the improvement, like comparing night to day.

You can go with just the basic WORKS as a example to help keep the overlay of monies down but you still are looking at $625 for a pair. You don't have to buy all 4 shocks at once either, buy the frts 1st then later get the rears or vise verse. Best to order the WORKS diredtly from WORKS, as they will be built to your needs.

I've been using the same WORKS Steeler AT's dual rate shocks on my last 3 Brute 750s & before I even rode my '08 750, I switched out the shocks.

I can ride as fast as I care to go, no body roll of any kind, complete control at all times, the WORKS take the beating, not me.

The other huge improvement is to install a Steering Stabilizer, very easy to install, this will tighten up the steering in the fast tight trails & Bump Steer is no longer a issue, as Bump Steer no longer exist. A Steering stabilizer also helps the wandering of your atv, my BF750 w/the Gibson 7 way stabilizer installed tracks straight as a arrow on gravel/dirt roads vs w/the wandering it did before. Plus you can adjust the stabilizer to the area u are riding, make it firmer or make the steering lighter, the choice is yours.</end quote></div>

Where can you get them?

Old 07-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Have you touched your stock suspension settings? Try stiffening them up. Generally the front should be a bit stiffer than the rear to combat nosedive. But play with the preload to see what works best.

-Krait