Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brand New 750 Brute Force, engine shot!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Well it would appear as though every fourwheeler on the market has a snorkel kit comparing to this broke force unit. What a joke, but the dealer went good for it.
up to the floorboards heck you should be able to ride to the top of tires. at least for short periods. But i stay out of water that deep. I prefer muskeg

Old 09-13-2009 | 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

i find that kawasaki has terrible warranty factors, i bought an 08 brute 750i, and about half a year later when i took it out in the winter, something failed big time, everytime id give it gas it would back fire and sputter, and would not go over 50 kmph, and the dealers would not cover anything, not to mention shortly after it was at the dealer it had holes through the cover for the clutch, which happened at the dealer and they still wouldnt cover anything, if anyone knows anything about the first problem, id like some repsonce also

Old 10-04-2009 | 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have the same deal but i have never swamp my bike it is snorkel and air tight it is a 08 31x11 outlaws clutch kit with mod it locked up and they dont want to warranty the motor because they say it has water and mud in it the only way that that can happen it from the sorry ??? seal on the out put shaft it has been change 3 times so every body watch the rear seal int he motor if it is leaking change it but it want help 2 days after the dealer change mine it was leaking again

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:23 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Response to rod hall--steiger powersports

Sorry for the delayed response--I don't frequent forums, nor do I check my e-mail very much.
I would like to respond to Rod's Comments and thank him for his efforts. I can't say enough good things about Rod Hall from Steiger Powersports. He has been the perfect salesman from the highs of purchasing to the lows of breakdowns and rebuilds. If it were up the the Service Manager at Steiger, I would have been paying for the entire repair out of my pocket with no attempts for warranty assistance, but Rod Hall stepped in and got things done. Hopefully the Service Manager at Steiger learned from the professional and sympathetic way that Rod handled all aspects of the ordeal.
I would recommend that if anybody is in the market for an ATV, UTV, cycle, snowmobile, etc. and live within a reasonable distance to Steiger Powersports, that they call Rod. I am responsible for 5 ATV sales from Steiger in the past 4 years. I have always called around for the best pricing and Rod beats the pants off of everyone on his first quote with no bickering. As for knowledge, again, I trust Rod's input and information on all machines he sells. He knows the models that he sells, along with those he doesn't.
I also am thankful that Kawasaki did what they did. I realize that they could have offered nothing and forced me to resort to a small claims effort. But they realized that their reputation was a good one in my opinion and felt the need to keep it that way. However, I still feel that there is an issue with this particular model of ATV. After reading comments posted by others here, and what I've heard from others, the Brute Force seems to always be the ATV in everybodies story that breaks down while all other models keep going. I will be renting an ATV the next time I go trail riding.

While I'm here, I would also like to respond to the comments made by REDROCKET09. The fact of the matter is that I was not mud bogging or driving through swamps or creeks. I was driving on hardwood trails which contained puddles, which will accumulate after rains or snow melt in northern Wisconsin hardwoods. ATVs are designed to travel through terrain just as described. Unless you drive in a dessert, you will encounter some water. All other machines along with me on this weekend ride had no such issues whatsoever, and I babied my machine since it was brand new.

So when you said "A design flaw would be as such that the vehicle/object does not function as intended", I agree with your definition and feel that this unit did not function as intended.

Anyway, back to the subject matter--If you are in the market and in the area, buying at Steiger Powersports will save you time and hassle throughout the entire process!

Thanks for everything, Rod!

Originally Posted by Steiger Powersports
Hello everyone! I am the general manager of Steiger Powersports and I'm also the salesman that sold rhino-65 his '09 Brute Force that injested water thru the airbox and into his engine which destroyed the top end of his atv. rhino-65 was riding his atv thru a puddle up to the floorboards at speed which caused a substantial amount of water to be sucked into the airbox, thru his air filter, thru the throttle boddies, and into his motor. His oil was milky and his piston rings were stuck in the cylinders. What i just described is not in dispute. Rhino-65 understandably was very dissapointed when he was initially told kawasaki would not warranty the motor because in their words "customers need to drive slowly thru water that is no deeper than the floorboards. Riding at speed thru water is what caused the water to enter the intake which in turn caused the damage to the motor". If kawasaki warrantied anyone's atv that had water in the motor then everyone would be riding in water up to their handlebars because they would expect kawasaki to warranty any breakdown which could occur. The point is kawasaki was skeptical of rhino-65's claim that the puddle was not considerably deeper than the floorboards. After review, (and our pleading on the customer's behalf that kawasaki should take care of an excellent customer) Kawasaki decided to warranty all the parts to repair the engine (new cylinders, pistons, rings, etc.). They would not, however warranty any labor for the repair. The labor bill was split in half for rhino-65. We at Steiger Powersports covered half the labor cost even though we were not reimbursed by kawasaki. rhino-65 had to pay a total of $425.00 + tax. We regret that our valued customer had to pay anything out of pocket. We at Steiger's went to bat for rhino-65 as much as possible. Consumer's do need to keep in mind dealer's don't want unhappy customers. I hope rhin0-65 responds to this post to share his thoughts. Thanks for listening everyone! Stay safe. - Rod Hall G.M. Steiger Powersports

Old 03-02-2010 | 07:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Brute Force 750 that is the absolute biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. I bought it brand new and it has blown up 2 times with only 400 miles on it. It was just out of warranty. It had the same problem. It got water and mud in through the air cleaner down into the motor and destroyed the rings, pistons and crank. After it was repaired, it was only ridden about 20 miles and the entire engine self destructed. It only had a 30 day, 60 day or maybe 90 day warranty on the 1st repair and they would not cover it. The estimate to repair it ithe 2nd time is s $4,500. I think I may as well sell it to a scrap place to part it out or possibly buy a remanufactured engine. I am paying for this ATV 2 times. It was never ridden hard and was only taken thru small mudholes maybe to the bottom side of the floor boards. They definitely have a problem with the air intake.

Old 03-16-2010 | 03:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

i'm interested in what you did,i just got a 06 650 brute and i'm not looking for down time

Old 03-16-2010 | 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by leroyb28564
i'm interested in what you did,i just got a 06 650 brute and i'm not looking for down time
Is your 650, SRA or IRS? If IRS, it has the same intake setup as the 750.
You will be OK if you don't go in too deep water. It's an ATV not a sub.

Old 03-16-2010 | 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 650 brute force

mine is a sra, i have been told by a sevice tec that the water problem is mostly on the 750's

Old 03-16-2010 | 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Your dealer is right. IRS (650i and 750) models don't have the same air intake as on the SRA model. I have both IRS & SRA Kawis and never had any water ingestion problem on either one because I make sure only AIR goes into the air box just like it was designed for, not water or mud.

Old 07-13-2010 | 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

Kawi must have changed something on the newer units....

I have an 02 with over 9000 kms on it and have had it, floating so only the handlebars are showing in a river a few times, and have regularly gone full speed through huge puddles, at least as deep as the top of my 27's to the point where I was hydroplaining and never had so much as a damp air filter.
Engine still has perfect compression and works flawlessley. I do however need to buy a new exhaust pipe as its pretty much rotted out.

In short this thing has been the best ATV I have ever owned. The only recurring problem I have had is a need to replace the swing arm bearings...

Quick Reply: Brand New 750 Brute Force, engine shot!